Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Painting / marking your bullets ...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 09-25-11 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For bullet tip painting I prefer the liquid Dykem. I take a small piece of foam and put a little of the paint on one spot. Then I stick the bullet tip in and give it a 1/4-1/2 turn.

Feedback Score
    Iinstead of marking the bullet, I use different colored sharpies and mark the primers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Dykem is the best paint marking products Ive ever used...my friend at Nightforce told me about the brand and I ordered a few of the Brite-Mark pens.
    Cool. I need one of those for witness marking.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 09-25-11 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just use the styrofoam boxes from MidwayUSA and label the load in detail on them. Once they're out of the box it's anyone's guess.

When working up loads I'll mark on them individually with a black sharpie marker and it stays on the brass even after firing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    If you cannot find them local like I couldn't, than I recommend buying them from MSC Industrial Supply as they shipped very fast, had a great price on them
    http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/NNSRIT...-SearchResults
    Cool. Thanks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I got some paint pens from the paint isle. I mark the head stamp of my ammo with different colors depending on run out and quality. Also just for marking my brass as mine.

I did Sharpies (and still do) but it wears off pretty fast in the tumbler. The paint lasts several reloadings.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Docinak View Post
    I did Sharpies (and still do) but it wears off pretty fast in the tumbler. The paint lasts several reloadings.
    The Sharpie coming off in the tumbler is a good thing to me. I may want to mark the brass differently each time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The Sharpie coming off in the tumbler is a good thing to me. I may want to mark the brass differently each time.
    I agree, tumbling cleans 'em up and we start over.
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast