Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Educate me please....question about SBR and BCG.

Feedback Score

Educate me please....question about SBR and BCG.

I have an 11.5 inch SBR I recently put together that I am having gassing problems with.

I am using an 11.5 inch Noveske barrel, H2 buffer and the only extra BCG I had laying around...an LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier with their Enhanced bolt as well.

The gun runs fine either suppressed or non suppressed except it will not lock back on the last round.

I pulled a Young NM BCG out of another rifle and it works fine.

I swap the bolt out of the LMT Enhanced carrier with a standard bolt (in place of the LMT Enhanced bolt) and it runs fine.

So obviously the bolt is the problem. Its my understanding that the LMT Enhanced bolt was meant to run with a 14.5 inch barrel anyways.

So here is my question, the BCG is one that I had pulled from a 14.5 Noveske that I sold. I had around 500 rounds fired through it at the time. I have a brand new MPI tested bolt that I bought from BCM that I tried in the LMT carrier that runs fine.

Is there a problem throwing a new bolt in the mix now and with that carrier? It doesnt seem like 500 rounds would be enough to create any wear patterns that would cause excessive wear problems with a new bolt.....but I figured I would check opinions here before i went out and ran it hard with the new bolt.

Or would I be better off just buying a new standard BCG?

I was just trying to save a few bucks and use parts I already have but if I need to Ill just scrap the idea and buy a new bolt.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    All you need is to add an H3 buffer and possibly a blue Springco spring and you should be good to go. My BCM 11.5 did the same thing and once I added an H3 and Springco I was good to go.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd ditch that bolt anyway... Even if you up the buffer system.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd ditch that bolt anyway... Even if you up the buffer system.
    I was thinking that. So no problems throwing a new bolt in a bolt carrier with about 500 rounds through it?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have heard great things/plan on getting an enhanced carrier for my suppressed build but does anyone use and like their enhanced bolts? Non-standard extractors make me nervous

Feedback Score
    The BCG ran fine in my 14.5 inch gun.....never a problem. But I did only have 500 rounds through it, not exactly a torture test.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MovinMan View Post
    The BCG ran fine in my 14.5 inch gun.....never a problem. But I did only have 500 rounds through it, not exactly a torture test.
    I wouldn't see a problem with it, just run the standard checks after its re-assembled.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The enhanced carrier was designed for 14.5"-16" carbine gas barrels.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The enhanced carrier was designed for 14.5"-16" carbine gas barrels.

So why does the bolt affect function? The carrier works perfect with a different bolt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not sure, I'm just going off what I know of the enhanced carrier and what LMT recommends it be used in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast