we're speaking technically here so there's no need to discredit a product by ignorant merits, is FN a stupid piston company,HK? is the AR 180 a stupid piston gun?

Is the Pin HK added to the barrel extension that prevents the extractor from lifting while bolt is in the extension stupid? I truly think that is cool, that bails out so many bad situations with suppressed systems.

The reason I initially tried it was imagining the loss of power when rounds are stripped from higher capacity magazines. The cam head is within the receiver slot at this point and I thought it was worth trying. In the end I don't know if it does anything over a lubed gun because there truly is nothing wrong with the existing pin.

Frank (POF) was one of the first people to apply some of those all too cool coatings to production items and it was from his time in Aerospace, not in this eternally unevolving industry.

I don't think you need to look at the piston line as an enemy breed, it's like you're fighting your brother saying he's totally genetically screwed. Stoner didn't do any more with DI after the project. Our (the AR) weapon is amazingly good because of the work we have done with the TDP, production, processing, and a commitment to making things better. Not because it was inherently the best from the very beginning.