Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: POF Roller Cam

Feedback Score
    This is how I see it.

I have a 12" upper that is run suppressed quite a bit... it is over gassed and it shows it. there is a 1/16" deep groove in the upper from the cam pin.

So,
    If I throw in a POF roller cam and just reduce the surface area, there should be reduced wear. Add that the POF cam rolls should also help, but we'll see how long it lasts.

I put roller cam's in all my uppers, some new and some old. I will report back what happens.
    Last edited by The Knuckle; 10-07-11 at 00:51.

Feedback Score

Question

Bumping this topic up as I'm seeing a little unusual wear in the cam slot on my Noveske as well. I'm also seeing those not too uncommon ding marks in the buffer too. Both of these make me wonder if everything is "to spec" in my gun. I hope so as I'm still waiting on ATF approval to make this a real SBR.

My carbine buffer did not have the ding marks when running the RRA chrome bolt. ~500-600 rounds. They appeared after swapping in an unknown manufacturer's H buffer and an LMT bolt. Hmm, soft aluminum crappy Chinese knock off H buffer maybe?

Both bolts "look" fine. No sharp edges or burs on the cam pin nor near the rear buffer retention pin slot.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Yep, not worried much about the buffer, more worried about the marks in the upper's cam slot. Pic:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234