Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Suppressed SBR *Does not function: Update Page 4*

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Dedicated Suppressed SBR *Does not function: Update Page 4*

Update 07/10/11

Update 05/10/11

Got my Rail system in today

I plan on covering the rails with index clips, and getting a Surefire M300 as well as front and rear BUIS's within the week.

Next up will be my Aimpoint T1 and then hopefully the Forms 1 and 4 will be in.

Daniel Defense barrel with .062" gas port cut to 10.3"
    AAC Brake
    Shaved FSP
    Noveske Upper Receiver

I have a BCM Gunfighter CH and Centurion Arms 9" rail on the way. The upper should be fully assembled and functional by Friday.

The ACOG is on it for now because its the only spare optic I have. Within a few weeks it will be wearing a T1 with Troy F/R BUIS's, and I'll have a Surefire M300 up front. After that all I will be waiting on will be the M4-2000.

The lower has an MOE stock and MOE grip.

It appears I will have a gap of around 0.25 inches between the end of the rail and the beginning of the suppressor, which is about as perfect as I could get it.

I am curious to see if it will function unsuppressed. I have an H and H2 buffer and some PMC Bronze and PMC X-tac with which to test it.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-01-11 at 11:31.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I am curious to see if it will function unsuppressed.
    I will be surprised if it runs without the suppressor. 0.062 is to small for a 10" barrel.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    I will be surprised if it runs without the suppressor. 0.062 is to small for a 10" barrel.
    LMT's gas ports are only .009" bigger on their 10.5s.

I won't lose sleep over it if not, but it'll be interesting if it does.

Feedback Score
    Should be fun!

Already have the suppressor or waiting on ATF?

make sure to update this weekend.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Definitely would like to see a range report showing whether or not the bolt locks back on the last round with various types of ammo...also how soft shooting it is and how much gas blowback is mitigated. Have you considered using the LMT Enhanced BC as well?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm getting ready to dive into a similar build. Any reason you wouldn't use a switchblock & have the best of both worlds? That's not a facetious question either, I'm genuinely curious so I know what direction to take with mine.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    I'm getting ready to dive into a similar build. Any reason you wouldn't use a switchblock & have the best of both worlds? That's not a facetious question either, I'm genuinely curious so I know what direction to take with mine.
    Have you ever heard a 10.3" barrel with a muzzle brake? I have no desire to shoot that short of an SBR with a brake unsuppressed. While a switchblock would have been possible on this build, I could not justify the $200 cost of the SB and pinning job when it would sit in the suppressed setting all the time. I would also be sacrificing having a full length rail.

I have plans to get a switchblock for my 14.5" Midlength, I think it is a great piece and is crucial in order to have a rifle that can fire both unsuppressed and suppressed optimally but there is no point in getting one if you won't use it.

For me, its easy. If I want to shoot an unsuppressed SBR I will shoot my BCM 11.5".

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Definitely would like to see a range report showing whether or not the bolt locks back on the last round with various types of ammo...also how soft shooting it is and how much gas blowback is mitigated. Have you considered using the LMT Enhanced BC as well?
    Anything is possible in the future but as for right now I have no plans to get an enhanced carrier. I didn't build this to spend money tweaking it to get it to function unsuppressed, and I see no reason why it will have any issues with a standard M16 carrier suppressed.

Fedex still hasn't updated the tracking info for my shipment, its been pending a shipping label since yesterday. I'm hoping it comes in by Friday but it doesn't look like my rail has even left the dealer yet.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-28-11 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo7847 View Post
    Should be fun!

Already have the suppressor or waiting on ATF?

make sure to update this weekend.
    Waiting on ATF. Its been pending for 4 months.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Anything is possible in the future but as for right now I have no plans to get an enhanced carrier. I didn't build this to spend money tweaking it to get it to function unsuppressed, and I see no reason why it will have any issues with a standard M16 carrier suppressed.
    Gotcha, I just didn't know what your plans were since that idea has been thrown around quite a bit (by others talking about the same topic). I'm all for doing it on the cheap (while maintaing quality) and doing it right the first time!

Personally, I would love to have a setup (sans switchblock) that will shoot suppressed and unsuppressed without all the gas blowback. Whether I cut down a barrel or talk with Noveske about their "special" small port gas block, we'll see.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Looking forward to seeing updates on this as well...I have a barrel going to Adco very soon for a similar, if not almost exact, setup.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast