Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm revolver

Feedback Score

9mm revolver

So any idea why Smith doesn't make a light weight 9mm snubby? I've seen the taurus one, but hey its a taurus... Was looking for a hammerless version that was reliable and trust worthy. Any other recommendations.

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    So any idea why Smith doesn't make a light weight 9mm snubby? I've seen the taurus one, but hey its a taurus... Was looking for a hammerless version that was reliable and trust worthy. Any other recommendations.

D
    I would love a revolver built on a J frame in 9mm with a 9mm sized cylinder in length and made with Scandium alloy. Using moon clips of course. But I heard there are problems with 9mm revolvers with extraction.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rumor on the S&W Forum is that they are coming out with one later this year. A rep from S&W told a forum member this info who then posted about it. Its supposed to be based on the new Bodyguard revolver.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You can always look for a used Smith 940, a 9mm J frame Centennial that is no longer in production. They can command a premium, so the trick is finding one in good shape for a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    You can always look for a used Smith 940, a 9mm J frame Centennial that is no longer in production. They can command a premium, so the trick is finding one in good shape for a reasonable price.
    For me they are too heavy to be a good pocket gun. I want the same thing but with a scandium alluminum alloy frame.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    For me they are too heavy to be a good pocket gun. I want the same thing but with a scandium alluminum alloy frame.
    Pat
    Some guys have built their own using a 940 cylinder in a 642, or re-chambered Scandiums to 9mm, but if Smith is really coming out with one, that would be the easier path.

http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/...ght-642-a.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...um-snubby.html

Feedback Score
    A 9mm j frame will be my main purchase in 2012. I would prefer a 940M&P model, but I would settle for the new bodyguard design. Then I will have finally consolidated all of my ammo to 9mm and .223!!!

If Smith doesn't do it, then I may give in and see if my 340 can be rechambered.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I had one of the Taurus ones briefly. I found the 9mm to be more painful than .38+Ps. Of course, that was with the stock hard rubber grips and it was December, IRRC. I'd much prefer a snubby K-frame like the 66 in 9mm.

I've heard of people having revolvers bored out for .38 Super.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have always wanted a 9MM J frame.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This guy can rechamber your .38. Been thinking of doing it for a few years but I just don't want to be without my snubby for that long.

http://www.pinnacle-guns.com/revolver.asp

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast