Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Small semi vs. small revolver

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Not the first time one of your posts brought back some memories for me. I shot IPSC and PPC, carried a hideout, always carried off duty, and used four speedloaders on duty, when many of the guys I worked with were still using dump pouches, didn't own an off duty gun, and shot only when they had to at qualifications. They used to call me "paranoid", and I'd say, "I used to be, until I got all these guns". (I stole that line from an old cop I worked with, long before Clint was being quoted for a version of it).
    We still issued dump boxes until like 1990 or so. I said no thanks and bought my own speedloaders and pouches.

We also issued the button on the side style Jordan holster, better known as the "suicide holster" by most guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    We still issued dump boxes until like 1990 or so. I said no thanks and bought my own speedloaders and pouches.
    Holy crap, I was talking about the mid 70's. By 1990 my department had been approving and issuing autos for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    We also issued the button on the side style Jordan holster, better known as the "suicide holster" by most guys.
    My department didn't issue holsters. Some guys bought 20 dollar Hecho in Mexico crap, and some of us spent 80-90 bucks in 1975 dollars for a Hoyt. With what the job paid then, that would be like the new guys spending $300-$350 on a holster today. Yet I hear some of them whine about having to spend $75 on one. Some things never change.
    Last edited by Jake'sDad; 11-06-11 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Holy crap, I was talking about the mid 70's. By 1990 my department had been approving and issuing autos for a couple years.

My department didn't issue holsters. Some guys bought 20 dollar Hecho in Mexico crap, and some of us spent 80-90 bucks in 1975 dollars for a Hoyt. With what the job paid then, that would be like the new guys spending $300-$350 on a holster today. Yet I hear some of them whine about having to spend $75 on one. Some things never change.
    We were a bit on the slow side when it came to wheelguns, but one of the first agencies in our area to get semi-autos.
    I had a 9mm in my holster (paid for myself, and it cost A LOT, as you have noted) before the guys I knew in KCMO were able to even get JHPs for their .38s, they carried SWCs at the time.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678