Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt LE 6920 vs. Colt SP 6920

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Colt LE 6920 vs. Colt SP 6920

Greetings, m4carbine community!

I was wondering if I could get the community's attention for a moment to ask their opinions on Colt LE 6920 and the Colt SP 6920.

I'm in the process of purchasing my first AR-15 and have leaned towards the Colt 6920, through recommendations from other users.

So I looked up the Col 6920 to do a bit of studying on the rifle, and I noticed that there was more than one 6920 model! From what I can tell the Colt (LE) 6920 is the original rifle? And apparently Colt has discontinued the LE model and has reproduced them as the SP 6920! Both specs seem to be the same, unless I've missed something.

But, a question if I may, to the experienced audience. Which model should I spend my money on? Should I look around or the original LE model? Or just go for the SP?

If these two rifles were sitting on a table, and you were to pick one or the other (LE or SP), and had to pay the price for one. Which would you choose?

Thank you very much for your time, and I appreciate every opinion I may get in helping me purchase my first AR-15!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The ORANGE search button at the top is your friend. Both models are identical and either of them would be a great choice. It all depends on your preference.

GandRtactical has them for a very good price at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorMikeLima View Post
    Greetings, m4carbine community!

I was wondering if I could get the community's attention for a moment to ask their opinions on Colt LE 6920 and the Colt SP 6920.

I'm in the process of purchasing my first AR-15 and have leaned towards the Colt 6920, through recommendations from other users.

So I looked up the Col 6920 to do a bit of studying on the rifle, and I noticed that there was more than one 6920 model! From what I can tell the Colt (LE) 6920 is the original rifle? And apparently Colt has discontinued the LE model and has reproduced them as the SP 6920! Both specs seem to be the same, unless I've missed something.

But, a question if I may, to the experienced audience. Which model should I spend my money on? Should I look around or the original LE model? Or just go for the SP?

If these two rifles were sitting on a table, and you were to pick one or the other (LE or SP), and had to pay the price for one. Which would you choose?

Thank you very much for your time, and I appreciate every opinion I may get in helping me purchase my first AR-15!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The SP and LE guns are in fact the same thing (have a letter from Colt proving it).

For me (as a Civy), I would never want "LE ONLY" on th side of my weapon.

YMMV.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The SP and LE guns are in fact the same thing (have a letter from Colt proving it).

For me (as a Civy), I would never want "LE ONLY" on th side of my weapon.

YMMV.

C4

Why not?
    Last edited by SE Flyer; 09-28-11 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    Why not?
    Why would you?

C4

Feedback Score
    Why would you?

C4

Other than aesthetics, what would it matter? Some people might say resale would be affected, either positively or negatively by the LE Only rollmarks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    Why not?
    While Grant's "Why would you?" certainly addresses this nicely, I'll elaborate some.

... You do understand what is implied by "Restricted Military/ Government/ Law Enforcement/ Export Use Only", don't you? What's it's trying to say is "NOT FOR CIVILIANS".

So, you get pulled over on your way to the range with hundreds of rounds of ammo, a chest rig, maybe body armor, and a rifle that says, in short, "Law Enforcement Only"... and the cop isn't too knowledgeable. You can't see how the rifle is not going to help the situation? Especially if he is convinced only LEOs, like him because he's so awesome, should have guns, and you have what he considers one of his "special" toys.

"Officer, it is perfectly legal for me to have these things."

"Then how do you explain this 'Law Enforcement Only' stamp on your rifle? Hands behind your back, scumbag."

In addition to this- Why would you want a rifle that displays a restriction on civilian ownership, even if it is not real? It's the principle of the thing. That rifle is legal, it is not restricted for government use only. Do you have some sort of gun control fantasy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    While Grant's "Why would you?" certainly addresses this nicely, I'll elaborate some.

... You do understand what is implied by "Restricted Military/ Government/ Law Enforcement/ Export Use Only", don't you? What's it's trying to say is "NOT FOR CIVILIANS".

So, you get pulled over on your way to the range with hundreds of rounds of ammo, a chest rig, maybe body armor, and a rifle that says, in short, "Law Enforcement Only"... and the cop isn't too knowledgeable. You can't see how the rifle is not going to help the situation? Especially if he is convinced only LEOs, like him because he's so awesome, should have guns, and you have what he considers one of his "special" toys.

"Then how do you explain this 'Law Enforcement Only' stamp on your rifle? Hands behind your back, scumbag."

In addition to this- Why would you want a rifle that displays a restriction on civilian ownership, even if it is not real? It's the principle of the thing. That rifle is legal, it is not restricted for government use only. Do you have some sort of gun control fantasy?

I never said I had a preference for either model. I was just curious why he said what he said.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Before you say I am picking on you, I would say the same to anyone who posted this- and I have in the past. The whole LE/Military thing is ridiculous and I have yet to hear of a credible case of anyone that has been prosecuted or arrested based on this assertion.

I have multiple magazines that say the same thing and I am sure that I have some ammunition that is also marked like this on the packing.

If some officer wants to hook me up for a perceived violation of a law (that he will also have to cite) then by all means do so. After I win my lawsuit for false arrest I will buy even more "restricted" weapons and load them throughout my vehicle and drive up and down the road.

I could give a **** if it is roll marked with Donald Duck or Goofy as long as it does what it is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Grant, any way you can share this letter with us? I see that same opinion written every couple of days in the community and always wondered where the info came from - I suspected it was based on a feature comparison, which may or may not be relevant. What I wondered was whether the SP might be rejects that didn't pass somebody's Quality Assurance checks - it wouldn't be the first time the civilian market bought reject parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast