Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE 6920 vs. Colt SP 6920

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    My next Colt will be the SP 6920, and I have about 6 of the LE/MIL marked guns in the safe right now.

I've never given the rollmarks a second thought, or lost a moment's sleep over them.

Post 9-14-2004, it's wholly irrelevant (unless you reside in a locale prohibiting ownership of same).
    Last edited by GermanSynergy; 09-28-11 at 17:14.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    As a civilian, I agree with Grant.

Feedback Score
    The State of California says they're both evil.
    Last edited by mikeahe; 09-28-11 at 17:51.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!"-- Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Personally, the only deciding factor for me if choosing between a Colt LE6920 and a SP6920 would be price. I'd buy which ever one was cheaper.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Before you say I am picking on you, I would say the same to anyone who posted this- and I have in the past. The whole LE/Military thing is ridiculous and I have yet to hear of a credible case of anyone that has been prosecuted or arrested based on this assertion.

I have multiple magazines that say the same thing and I am sure that I have some ammunition that is also marked like this on the packing.

If some officer wants to hook me up for a perceived violation of a law (that he will also have to cite) then by all means do so. After I win my lawsuit for false arrest I will buy even more "restricted" weapons and load them throughout my vehicle and drive up and down the road.

I could give a **** if it is roll marked with Donald Duck or Goofy as long as it does what it is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    While Grant's "Why would you?" certainly addresses this nicely, I'll elaborate some.

... You do understand what is implied by "Restricted Military/ Government/ Law Enforcement/ Export Use Only", don't you? What's it's trying to say is "NOT FOR CIVILIANS".

So, you get pulled over on your way to the range with hundreds of rounds of ammo, a chest rig, maybe body armor, and a rifle that says, in short, "Law Enforcement Only"... and the cop isn't too knowledgeable. You can't see how the rifle is not going to help the situation? Especially if he is convinced only LEOs, like him because he's so awesome, should have guns, and you have what he considers one of his "special" toys.

"Officer, it is perfectly legal for me to have these things."

"Then how do you explain this 'Law Enforcement Only' stamp on your rifle? Hands behind your back, scumbag."

In addition to this- Why would you want a rifle that displays a restriction on civilian ownership, even if it is not real? It's the principle of the thing. That rifle is legal, it is not restricted for government use only. Do you have some sort of gun control fantasy?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Before you say I am picking on you, I would say the same to anyone who posted this- and I have in the past. The whole LE/Military thing is ridiculous and I have yet to hear of a credible case of anyone that has been prosecuted or arrested based on this assertion.

I have multiple magazines that say the same thing and I am sure that I have some ammunition that is also marked like this on the packing.

If some officer wants to hook me up for a perceived violation of a law (that he will also have to cite) then by all means do so. After I win my lawsuit for false arrest I will buy even more "restricted" weapons and load them throughout my vehicle and drive up and down the road.

I could give a **** if it is roll marked with Donald Duck or Goofy as long as it does what it is supposed to.
    But not Dale. That chipmunk is gay.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Colt defense vs. Colt manufacturing, correct Grant?

Gotta love the bun biz keeping it confusing for folks...
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Colt defense vs. Colt manufacturing, correct Grant?
    Not necessarily. I have a Colt LE6920 made by Colt Manufacturing and a Colt Match Target 6700 made by Colt Defense.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    Other than aesthetics, what would it matter? Some people might say resale would be affected, either positively or negatively by the LE Only rollmarks.
    During the the assault weapons ban, people with "LE ONLY marked guns and mags" ran into problems. They ran into problems with everything from the feds to state and local police. Not that the civy did or had an illegal item, the fact remains that the burden of proof was and is ALWAYS on the owner. Let us also be honest and state the fact that many in law enforcement are not overly familiar with weapons laws or what to gun/mag is legal or not.

While we do not have a ban, you never know when/if we will see another.

So if you have the option to get a gun or mag without "LE ONLY" always go the "without" route.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
    Grant, any way you can share this letter with us? I see that same opinion written every couple of days in the community and always wondered where the info came from - I suspected it was based on a feature comparison, which may or may not be relevant. What I wondered was whether the SP might be rejects that didn't pass somebody's Quality Assurance checks - it wouldn't be the first time the civilian market bought reject parts.
    I will try and get it up tomorrow (is on my other computer).

The main part of the letter is describing the fact of the amount of labor involved in making two different parts or separating one line of parts from another would be such a costly PITA that it wouldn't be worth it.

Remember that ALL parts come from the same source. So Colt commercial doesn't have parts made just for them (which are not to spec). They use the same parts that Colt Defense does.

C4

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast