Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE 6920 vs. Colt SP 6920

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Makes perfect sense especially in a ban state like the one I am in.
    Ya, you poor folks in ban states are always screwed with this stuff and for sure is a no go.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 09-29-11 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    Interesting to read the comments about the “LEO only” markings.

All my ARs are Colt, and I never gave it any thought.

Still won’t, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

You folks that are concerned about LEOs not knowing the law and confiscating your gun, locking you up, etc?

What steps have you taken to mitigate this? Printed copies of the law, letters, phone calls, etc?

Few years back, I spoke to a Law Enforcement Rep at Colt – thread on TOS. Asked some questions, and these 2 answers apply here:

1. Colt builds guns for a specific customer order. The extra, overrun, not purchased guns are those that go to the civilian market.

2. There are no plans to remove the “LEO only” engraving (asked for a friend).

If there’s updated info about #1, I’d like to hear it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Few years back, I spoke to a Law Enforcement Rep at Colt – thread on TOS. Asked some questions, and these 2 answers apply here:

1. Colt builds guns for a specific customer order. The extra, overrun, not purchased guns are those that go to the civilian market.
    If you are Dept XYZ and order guns in a certain configuration and their are extra's they will sell them to whomever.

2. There are no plans to remove the “LEO only” engraving (asked for a friend).

If there’s updated info about #1, I’d like to hear it.
    Colt has stopped making guns with the "LE ONLY" roll marks. There is NO MORE LE guns. They are all SP's. So not only do I think the "LE Only" markings are a bad idea, but so does Colt.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Below is the e-mail I got from Colt concerning a question I had received from a customer. The customer believed that "LE" Colt's were/are made to a higher standard than the "Commercial" (Sporter) line.

What the hell does tighter specs and tolerances mean? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that we’re not going to go through the expense of taking 1,000 bolts (for example) and doing a full layout on every one of them in order to determine which ones meet one print and which ones meet another tighter print. Think about it- two complete sets of gauges on the floor? Two sets of programs for the machines? Different tool change intervals? Doing so would cost far more money than having a single print in the first place. Here- a bolt is a bolt, an upper is an upper…

LE \ SPORTER \ MT \ EXPORT and even Govt Non-Contract guns are all inspected the same using the same parts.

If any of you come across someone spouting off that the LE and SP line and different, please forward them this link.

C4

Feedback Score
    So even the new runs of 6933,6945,6921 won't have the "Restricted Law Enforcement" markings?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbocharged View Post
    So even the new runs of 6933,6945,6921 won't have the "Restricted Law Enforcement" markings?
    There are still some SBR's in the system, but they should eventually all be the same (no LE roll marks).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Colt has stopped making guns with the "LE ONLY" roll marks. There is NO MORE LE guns. They are all SP's. So not only do I think the "LE Only" markings are a bad idea, but so does Colt.

C4
    So your saying I have a collectors item!
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    So your saying I have a collectors item!
    Sure (if you want to look at it that way).

C4

Feedback Score
    I have the LE version and have never really worried about it. I doubt I would get much grief here in Texas but I guess you never know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    Other than aesthetics, what would it matter? Some people might say resale would be affected, either positively or negatively by the LE Only rollmarks.
    For me it introduces the possibility of a gun ignorant LEO confiscating my weapon and arresting me because the gun is roll-marked "LE Only". Further the words are simply a spit in the face to all Americans, especially those who cherish their 2A rights.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 09-29-11 at 11:43.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast