Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm revolver

Feedback Score
    You could always pick up a spare cylinder and have it fitted locally after Pinnacle does the rechambering.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    This guy can rechamber your .38. Been thinking of doing it for a few years but I just don't want to be without my snubby for that long.

http://www.pinnacle-guns.com/revolver.asp
    Dang! Bookmarked that for later!
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    I have a 9mm Ruger Speed Six from years ago. They only sold them for one year and rumor was that they were an over run from a sale to the Israeli police force. Not sure if that was true. I started looking one about 8-9 years after they sold them, and it took me three years to find one. I love it. I bought it back when I was starting to lean to re-load, and if a batch of re-loads did not run in my auto I just ran it in the Ruger. My issue with it outside of a range gun was that with its 6 shot capacity and weight I could be carrying a sub-compact 9mm with twice the rounds or a .357 with the same amount. That said I love the J-frame and would get in line for one in 9mm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    You could always pick up a spare cylinder and have it fitted locally after Pinnacle does the rechambering.
    Pinnacle did my 25 in 45 colt so it would work with moon clips in 45 acp. Function is fine accuracy sucks with the ACP.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Pinnacle did my 25 in 45 colt so it would work with moon clips in 45 acp. Function is fine accuracy sucks with the ACP.
    Pat
    That's too bad. Sounded like a cool idea.

Feedback Score
    I've had two S&W 940s now. I didn't like them, and replaced them with 38 SPLs. The main problem with them is the muzzle flip, it is very brisk with the stainless guns, and would be even worse with a lightweight. The moon clips are a pain in the neck, since 5 rounds of 9mm takes up about the same space in my pocket as a speedloader with 38s. I also managed to bend a couple of moon clips in my pocket, and although I could still fire the gun, the double action pull was atrocious because the case heads drug against the recoil shield. Accuracy was only so-so, my current 649 will drive nails if I keep my focus. Did I mention how noisy they were indoors? I won't be repeating that experience anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    I have a 9mm Ruger Speed Six from years ago. They only sold them for one year and rumor was that they were an over run from a sale to the Israeli police force. Not sure if that was true.
    No, they actually sold them for a couple years, and they made them in several variations, blue and stainless, 2 3/4" and 4" barrels.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    That's too bad. Sounded like a cool idea.
    I think its the free bore the bullet has to jump before it reaches the forcing cone. With ball ammo it grouped 18 inches at 25 yards. I then tried some 250 grain lead bullets I load in my 45 colt and loaded them in the ACP cases and that shrank groups to 6 inches. In 45 colt it will group 2.5 inches at 25 yards. I email the smith about the problem but he never replied.

Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    I've had two S&W 940s now. I didn't like them, and replaced them with 38 SPLs. The main problem with them is the muzzle flip, it is very brisk with the stainless guns, and would be even worse with a lightweight. The moon clips are a pain in the neck, since 5 rounds of 9mm takes up about the same space in my pocket as a speedloader with 38s. I also managed to bend a couple of moon clips in my pocket, and although I could still fire the gun, the double action pull was atrocious because the case heads drug against the recoil shield. Accuracy was only so-so, my current 649 will drive nails if I keep my focus. Did I mention how noisy they were indoors? I won't be repeating that experience anytime soon.
    That is because the 9mm is pretty close in power to a 357 mag. Most people think of it as a wimpy round but its not. You can launch 124 grain bullets at 1250 to 1300 fps while a 357 mag with 125 grian bullets is typical 1400 to 1500. The 38 is around 900 to 1000 with 125 grain bullets. The 9mm is closer in power to the 357 mag than the 38.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had a 940. Moon clips were a pain to carry, it bit my hand hard with each pull (I could tolerate that) and extraction could be difficult. Mostly it was too damn heavy. I don't care to have another one, particularly because I can get .38 ammo a lot cheaper than 9mm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast