Thread: Modifying the Mossberg 930 SPX LOP...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Modifying the Mossberg 930 SPX LOP...

I originally posted this over on mossbergowners.com, but thought y'all might be interested as well.

I have the Choate on my 930, it works but the LOP is too long. I was able to shorten the stock nut spacer by 1/8", cut the nut in half, and trim the return spring housing enough to lose the 5/8" spacer from the Choate stock. It required the removal of some plastic on the inside of the recoil pad, but I got the LOP down to 13.5". If Mossberg had just threaded the housing another 3/4 to 1", you could lose the stock nut spacer altogether and save even more room, the nut itself would still retain the return spring retainer pin.

Yeah... I know... It ain't pretty, but it doesn't show from the outside... . The plastic compound of the stock and skeleton of the recoil pad don't lend themselves to being sanded with a Dremel, even on low speed, just melts and balls up.

Before...

After...
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Did pretty much the same thing on mine with the standard Mossberg stock. Good job.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Did pretty much the same thing on mine with the standard Mossberg stock. Good job.

-Jax
    Thanks... I have the standard stock on its way from Mossberg as well as a grind to fit Limbsaver so I can play at shortening the LOP. I'd like to see picks of yours and how you went about it.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett