Thread: Big dot sight

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Big dot sight

I've decided to get serious about shooting and am planning on shooting the heck out of my Remington 870P which has been sitting by the bed collecting dust. My plans are to shoot skeet, hit the range, do some tactical classes, and possibly some hunting. I want to become very proficient with this weapon.

I'm considering a couple of mods--I've already got some synthetic stocks on there (now feels much lighter than the wood ones) and the factory extension, and will add a side saddle at some point. The SG has a bead sight and I'm wondering if it makes sense to add a high vis big dot sight, specifically considering this.

I've searched and I haven't found any negatives regarding these. I don't intend on adding any rear sights in the interest of keeping things simple. Would one generally use a big dot without rear sights in lieu of the smaller stock bead? Would this money be better spent elsewhere (like ammo) or is this a good mod to add for someone learning the weapon?

Looking for experience/perspective/recommendations from folks who have used big dot bead/no rear sight set-up on a SG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)