Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Wood dowl rod

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    You don't have a cleaning rod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Seems to me that you'd have to pull it out rather than try to ram it out. With the whole thing in there, or a substantial part of it, pushing from the end will just bunch it up and make it clamp tighter to the bore - the harder you hit the dowel the tighter it's going to clamp. I guess I'd soak the crap out of it with a synthetic oil (lubricity) or maybe some "personal lubricant" (glycerine or glycol-based), then cut the head off a brass or aluminum 8-32 screw and taper it, screw it into an aluminum cleaning rod, screw it into the boresnake from the muzzle and then pull while turning clockwise. Repeat as necessary as it tears out. I dunno...just noodling here. Good luck.
    Last edited by Hmac; 10-02-11 at 18:22.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Try the dowel rod from the muzzle end, carefully give it a few taps with a small hammer...
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I spent the afternoon with the dowel rod. All I have now are bits and pieces of dowel rod lying around.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    And this is why I will stick with my Otis kit....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac;1112687[U
    ]Seems to me that you'd have to pull it out rather than try to ram it out. With the whole thing in there, or a substantial part of it, pushing from the end will just bunch it up and make it clamp tighter to the bore [/U]- the harder you hit the dowel the tighter it's going to clamp. I guess I'd soak the crap out of it with a synthetic oil (lubricity) or maybe some "personal lubricant" (glycerine or glycol-based), then cut the head off a brass or aluminum 8-32 screw and taper it, screw it into an aluminum cleaning rod, screw it into the boresnake from the muzzle and then pull while turning clockwise. Repeat as necessary as it tears out. I dunno...just noodling here. Good luck.
    Ok I just tried it with my .22 cal snake. Bear in mind this is just a untested Idea. If you look at were the snake handle is formed were it loops back into its self I can slide my cleaning rod into the sleeve and it goes all the way down to about 2" from the brush at that point it is stitched closed. I would try the rod it would bunch up but it would only be the last 2" before the brush. That might be manageable.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 10-02-11 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My boresnakes all have a loop an the opposite end from the pull cord. Maybe the OP's experience is a good reason to secure some paracord through that loop....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Tried ramming it with a cleaning rod. I think the lesson is that if you try to push rope, you get nowhere.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    My boresnakes all have a loop an the opposite end from the pull cord. Maybe the OP's experience is a good reason to secure some paracord through that loop....
    This is a Noveske barrel. From now on, boresnakes aren't touching my rifles.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast