Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bufferless?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightgunner View Post
    Hmmm..wondering whatever happened to wanting to build, create, or have something "Just Because". Folks have been defending themselves from anti gunners for so long they feel everything must be justifiable.

Pretty sad display.
    These are tools and are thus improved out of necessity. This isn't arts and crafts; companies don't get creativity points.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I guess a lot of people here have a hard time understanding why people keep trying turning the AR into something it’s not. If you want a folding stock piston driven rifle then just get a SCARS, or something like it. What is the point of cobbling together a bunch parts just to make the AR not an AR.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I came across the Para TTR in a magazine a few months ago. They had a good review on it, just as every magazine has on every product in it. I wouldn't buy one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    I came across the Para TTR in a magazine a few months ago. They had a good review on it, just as every magazine has on every product in it. I wouldn't buy one.
    Para announced a few days ago that they no longer going to make it.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    The para was the same design as the Z-M Weapons one. No clue who was making it for who.

I held the para a few years ago but didn't get to fire it. The stock felt very cheap from what I remember. I didn't like it. No clue how well the thing worked. The lack of an sbr upper was enough to not interest me. A 10.5 or 11.5 upper might have interested me although if you really want a short weapon you have some other options.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    The lack of an sbr upper was enough to not interest me. A 10.5 or 11.5 upper might have interested me although if you really want a short weapon you have some other options.
    The review was actually for an SBR version. It was in Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement if I remember correctly? I think it had a 10.5" barrel. It was less than a month ago that I saw the article while perusing the magazines at the local Walmart.

The stock does look cheap, it bothers me for some reason, too blocky maybe. I don't think they had any pictures of the internals. I'll definitely pass pass on it. As was mentioned, pick up a SCAR if you want a folding stock. Or maybe even an ACR...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Personally I could care less if someone wants to build a new AR out of horsehit. But, if they try to push that new idea as something it's not then I have an issue.

Why does anyone think that Para is dropping that weapon from their production? It's not because of great sales.

The bottom line is that the AR has received a bad wrap for many years partially because people give birth to ARbortions that should never have seen the light of day and then they tell everyone it is crap.

Or people continue to perpetuate old myths that should have died years ago. Trying to turn the AR into something it isn't is silly. Especially when there are other products on the market.

A while back I asked Ken Elmore why he won't sell his lower receivers on the market for people to build from. He stated pretty simply- "because I don't want to some unskilled moron building an AR with the SAW name and logo that doesn't run and then my company name gets a bad wrap".

Having seen some of the stuff that I have I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgunner View Post
    Hmmm..wondering whatever happened to wanting to build, create, or have something "Just Because". Folks have been defending themselves from anti gunners for so long they feel everything must be justifiable.

Pretty sad display.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    maybe this is a derail, maybe it isn't... but what's everyone's favorite folder platform?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The only value I see in a side folder is in vehicles or in some other environment where space is limited. My AK74s fits nicely behind my truck seat and much nicer in my backpack. The AR, not so much, the extra 8" or so does make a difference in that respect, but is more accurate, and other than those two scenarios I like the AR platform better.

Having a side folder AR with universal mags and ammo would fill a niche quite nicely. So would having a side folding ak that took AR mags and ammo which seems much more do-able. If Arsenal did that I would be all over it.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I guess a lot of people here have a hard time understanding why people keep trying turning the AR into something it’s not. If you want a folding stock piston driven rifle then just get a SCARS, or something like it. What is the point of cobbling together a bunch parts just to make the AR not an AR.
    +1. I think innovation got us to this point, but don't take the spots off a leopard and tell me it's a dog.

An ar was configured that way. When you try to"cobble" a rifle into somthing it's not, good things are not going happen. Been there, screwed that up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast