I had RK done in mid 90's to both eyes and LASIK in mid 2000's to one eye.
58 years old and presbyopia is my principal issue.
Lost some of the correction from LASIK due to changes in eye shape, and presently at or about 20/50.
This past year I went with multi-focal contacts. First as monovision, but later to both eyes.
Given the advances in contacts, their comfort, and ability to wear extended periods (30 days), my personal opinion is this the way to go if you are over 45 years old.
Past 45 you almost certainly will face presbyopia, as well as possible other eye changes. For that reason, flexibility of being able to adjust contact prescription is a huge advantage.
Until this year and adoption of multifocal contacts, my pistol shooting was a major source of frustration. I could not see the sights. For those without presbyopia, just try shooting with someone else's eyeglasses on and you'll see what it's like. My groups reduced by at least half. And this improvement in eyesight has also benefited me in countless ways in everyday life.
One caveat: getting the right prescription is a matter of trial and error. I bet I tried a half dozen different combinations of lens. My eye doctor is a shooter and Canoe U grad, so he really understood.