Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Questions on the Stag Arms Model 3 with the plus package
    I have some questions on Stag Arms model 3 rifle with the plus package. I am set on getting this rifle but need to know a little more about it from those of you that have it. I have the following questions about the model 3:
    1. How accurate is it?

2. How reliable is it?

3. What are the rails that go to the diamondhead v-rs handguards made of, polymer or aluminum?

4. Can any rail be used with the v-rs handguards?

5. Any magpul magazine compatability issues?

Any help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I could think of many other ways to spend money. Colt, BCM, DD, Spike's, even a PSA. Please do some more research!

Feedback Score
    I've done plenty of research and looked at all company's I could find, and the stag arms model 3 is the only rifle of that type within my price range. The requirements that I have for an AR15 are:

1. Complete flat top, with no front sight post.

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

5. Has to be 5.56 caliber, not .223.

6. 16" barrel max, 14" barrel min.

The stag arms rifle is the only rifle that, once you buy the plus package, fits all of these requirements. If there is another rifle that fits these, please let me know. I was originally going to buy the DPMS Oracle for $709, but it only has a 1/9 barrel twist and after handling one at a local sporting goods store, I found I didn't like the looks or the feel of the rifle. I'm also not willing to build an AR15, so please don't suggest that. Maybe in the future but not right now. I also do not want a bushmaster rifle.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army44 View Post
    I've done plenty of research and looked at all company's I could find, and the stag arms model 3 is the only rifle of that type within my price range. The requirements that I have for an AR15 are:

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

The stag arms rifle is the only rifle that, once you buy the plus package, fits all of these requirements. If there is another rifle that fits these, please let me know. I was originally going to buy the DPMS Oracle for $709, but it only has a 1/9 barrel twist and after handling one at a local sporting goods store, I found I didn't like the looks or the feel of the rifle. I'm also not willing to build an AR15, so please don't suggest that. Maybe in the future but not right now. I also do not want a bushmaster rifle.
    If you want a REAL mil-spec guns, buy a Colt. We sell the 6920 for $990!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6920

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    If you want a REAL mil-spec guns, buy a Colt. We sell the 6920 for $990!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6920

C4
    +1

With options like this, I see no reason to go with anything other than a Colt.

Feedback Score
    Honestly, I know you came here looking for affirmation, rather than defecation on your choice of stag's model 3. But m4c tells it like it is. Unlike tos, you will find many of the members are not just enthusiasts, but rather they are real life professionals who depend on their choices to keep them safe, not trying to bash you, just not wanting to good game you on everything you do or choose. You being in the army have probably gotten used to this kind of teaching, and you will often find it here. People like rob s, iraqgunz, and failure2stop live and breathe this stuff, if you listen to anyone, listen to them.

The aforementioned bcm upper setup is also a good choice. To save even more cash, try to find a quality complete lower in your area to purchase and save some money on the fee's. If you want the basic rundown of this site's ar brand preferences, these are the winners, colt, daniel defense, noveske, bcm, knights armament co(kac), lmt. No one is going to argue any of these rifles aren't up to par. Some(kac) are more expensive than others(bcm) but these are some good failsafes.

Feedback Score

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

For your price range, I would pick up a BCM lower from either bravocompanyusa or grtactical.

I would buy something like this from bravo company usa along with BCG and charging handle.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...w%20vtrx11.htm

The total price would be around $1100 and it would exceed all of your requirements plus you would be getting a good rail system as well.

Feedback Score

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

I have been into AR's now for about 2 years, I bought a RRA mid-length and have been very happy with it. But, as I have dug deeper and asked questions my knowledge base has grown substantially and I can now easily verify it's 'short comings'.

With that said and your requirements you want / need, build it! There are plenty of resources here for assembly. I built my other rifle for about 800.00 with a BCM 16" mid-length and quality parts.

I also built a mid-length for a friend of mine with the BCM 16" upper receiver and a spikes tactical stripped lower (100.00), when all is said and done it will be right under a grand.

I wish I had known about this website when I was originally looking.

Feedback Score
    Gas block is not useless...Midwest makes flip up front post for this gas block.

Army 44 didn't list a hand guard length requirement. Actually one of his only requests was that it didn't have a front post and both models you suggest have front posts.

No sights...you're right the stag doesnt have sights but the colt comes with a detachable carry handle...who actually uses those these days. Again, I'm assuming that if army 44 didn't want a front post he wouldn't want a carry handle on it. Magpul rear sights $40.

No side sling attachment...Magpul RSA $30

Feedback Score
    If i didn't want a front sight post. I would buy the colt, grind it down, and put a troy/vtac rail over it for 180 bucks. That would solve all his issues and give him a very very bad ass rifle.

I like the specs of the new stag rifle, but i would not trust my life on it. Its the first time they are actually TRYING to build a gun right, who knows if it has the bugs worked out.

If you want to be the testing dummy for it, then by all means go ahead. As long as your not a cop who i'm trusting to save me or my family, its your ass.

It would be like if Hyandai/Saturn decided they were going to build a truck and on paper it was just like a ford/chevy/toyota. It's their first real truck... no thanks, ill take one from a company that has been building quality for more then a few months. Once its been around a few years and getting rave reviews, ill try it out.

Picking a stag over a colt because of 100-200 dollars worth of accessories/features (rail, fsb, comming with a sight) that your not sure you will like anyway would be insane. Youd be better off buying the colt, shooting it. then picking your own sights, and rail (if you even need one) and getting exactly what you want. Instead of trusting stag to pick it out for you.

PS- That rail looks like a POS.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 02-22-12 at 09:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast