Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Satan-handers

Last edited by Animal_Mother556; 02-22-12 at 08:03.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    Gas block is not useless...Midwest makes flip up front post for this gas block.

Army 44 didn't list a hand guard length requirement. Actually one of his only requests was that it didn't have a front post and both models you suggest have front posts.

No sights...you're right the stag doesnt have sights but the colt comes with a detachable carry handle...who actually uses those these days. Again, I'm assuming that if army 44 didn't want a front post he wouldn't want a carry handle on it. Magpul rear sights $40.

No side sling attachment...Magpul RSA $30

Feedback Score
    If i didn't want a front sight post. I would buy the colt, grind it down, and put a troy/vtac rail over it for 180 bucks. That would solve all his issues and give him a very very bad ass rifle.

I like the specs of the new stag rifle, but i would not trust my life on it. Its the first time they are actually TRYING to build a gun right, who knows if it has the bugs worked out.

If you want to be the testing dummy for it, then by all means go ahead. As long as your not a cop who i'm trusting to save me or my family, its your ass.

It would be like if Hyandai/Saturn decided they were going to build a truck and on paper it was just like a ford/chevy/toyota. It's their first real truck... no thanks, ill take one from a company that has been building quality for more then a few months. Once its been around a few years and getting rave reviews, ill try it out.

Picking a stag over a colt because of 100-200 dollars worth of accessories/features (rail, fsb, comming with a sight) that your not sure you will like anyway would be insane. Youd be better off buying the colt, shooting it. then picking your own sights, and rail (if you even need one) and getting exactly what you want. Instead of trusting stag to pick it out for you.

PS- That rail looks like a POS.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 02-22-12 at 09:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo2448 View Post

Army 44 didn't list a hand guard length requirement. Actually one of his only requests was that it didn't have a front post and both models you suggest have front posts.

No sights...you're right the stag doesnt have sights but the colt comes with a detachable carry handle...who actually uses those these days. Again, I'm assuming that if army 44 didn't want a front post he wouldn't want a carry handle on it. Magpul rear sights $40.

Army 44 actually uses a carry handle and FSB in the NG. If he ordered from Grant, it's very likely you could have him swap the carry handle for a different rear sight. If not, they sell rather quickly if it comes to that. I'm willing to deal with changing a thing or two to get the absolute best quality.

That gas block is likely not a quality gas block like a shaved down FSB or low profile gas block. It is very limiting of your front sight choices.

Also, I can't tell from the picture, but is that a clamp on gas block?
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 02-22-12 at 09:59.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a coworker just sell an M&P Sport (1:8, 5R, Melonite coated, straight/med profile, chromed bcg, etc) for a Stag 3L.

He's a lefty/satan hander and while I tried to explain that it's really in his best interest to learn to shoot right handed or shoot the AR lefty, his objection was that shooting lefty, the ejection port was right in his face.

I think if I was lefty, I'd learn to shoot right handed but whatever. He also put a 3x9 scope on this 1:9 Stag... sooo......

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Uncle.

I'm not going to continue to argue minutiae with you on this. Bottom line is that the Stag, even with a Plus, is less of a gun, even with the package you linked to and in some cases worse because of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Uncle.

I'm not going to continue to argue minutiae with you on this. Bottom line is that the Stag, even with a Plus, is less of a gun, even with the package you linked to and in some cases worse because of it.
    Fair enough...uncle it is. Funny thing is all I was trying to do was give feedback on a rifle that army44 was interested in. He set the requirements and even asked about the stag m3. I just was giving the guy the info he was asking for. However, everyone who chimed in demanded that he purchase a colt with a front post. If you would have suggested the 6940 I might have understood since it was closer to meeting his requirements. I also get the feeling you guys think I work for stag which is hilarious. I might have 10 NIB colts (and a lettered 308 on the way) that I sacrifice chickens to every night. But if thats not what the guy needs then why try to sale him on it.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    But if thats not what the guy needs then why try to sale him on it.
    Oh, maybe because if he took the advice that some of the more experienced posters suggested he would end up with a higher quality rifle than a Stag, that would still fit his specifications.
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 02-22-12 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    We should probably close this thread. I'm fairly certain that Army44 has already bought the 6940.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    We should probably close this thread. I'm fairly certain that Army44 has already bought the 6940.
    You are entirely correct - this topic has been covered quite well, so I have to ask why you bumped an almost two week old thread to suggest that it be closed...?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast