Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Feedback Score
    Sweet. That price was from G&R Tactical.

Does anybody know if G&R Tactical offers a military discount?

Also, they offer the option to upgrade the stock to an moe or ctr stock. After some calculations, the moe stock would cost $35 dollars to add and the ctr stock would cost $60. I wanted the moe stock anyways, but I was wondering if the ctr stock was better. Should I go with the ctr or the moe stock?
    Last edited by Army44; 10-10-11 at 04:48.

Feedback Score
    I like my MOE stocks just fine except when I grow beards/mustaches it'll bite me a little sometimes. The CTR having the lock on it helps prevent this. On the other hand the MOE is quicker to change lengths if you find that necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    I just about bought a Stag for my first AR a couple of years ago during the post election chaos. Fortunately for me, I had to order one and the wait was about 8 weeks. I did additional research and found that there were better choices out there.

In the end, I cancelled the order for a Stag and put together a LMT. Have been alot happier with my choice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So you're active duty?

How do you address the front sight post problem with your duty gun?

I personally don't think the 6940 is the right gun for you. In some ways it meets your criteria, but you will find it to be extremely limiting later on. Even the barrel is not compatible with the standard AR barrel.

I would also not recommend that particular Stag. If your goal is to eliminate the front sight and have a free-float handguard I would take advantage of both situations and get a handguard long enough to cover the gas block.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Plus Package Stags look pretty good on paper and should be fine if you cant find any of the old stand bys like Colt, BCM, DD, LMT.

Rob makes a very good point about choosing something with a longer handguard.

Another option based on your budget is the Spikes LE Middy complete carbine which AIM has back in stock for $769 shipped. That would leave funds for longer handguard or a red dot, sling, light, mags.
    Last edited by wahoo95; 10-10-11 at 06:59.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army44 View Post
    I had though about that one, but the front sight post was the deal killer. My main problem that I have with the front sight post is that I'm going to be using an Eotech Xps2-0 and the front sight post is in the way. Yes I know that you can train yourself to ignore the front sight post but I prefer to have an uncluttered view of the target. Thanks for the idea though.
    It is not in the way at all. Please trust me and all of the other experienced shooters on this board. I was in your shoes a little over a year ago. Active duty .mil. I wanted my first privately owned AR15... I wanted an eotech because thats what all the "cool" kids used in Iraq but didn't want the front sight post in the way. I too, bought a Stag Arms with railed gas block. I had zero malfunctions with the stag and eotech, for the record.

Then I did what you will eventually do, and sell it for something that makes sense. The 7" handguard is ridiculously small, add a light and you're struggling for a decent grip. The railed gas block is absolutely useless, and the Eotech's reticle, I found, is actually too cluttered. I now prefer and recommend the Aimpoint T1. Sure its more $$$, but its lighter, the battery lasts forever, and they're pretty much bulletproof.

Oh, and the FSP is not in the way at all. You really don't even notice it. Take it from a guy who's been there, done that. Read Greg Bells thread and don't waste your money like almost everyone else here has. Get something you will really enjoy.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-10-11 at 07:08.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    LOL Euro.....I too at one time had a Stag with an Eotech and came to the same conclusions once I started really getting out and shooting the thing. I dont miss the Stag or the Eotech at this point.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Another option based on your budget is the Spikes LE Middy complete carbine which AIM has back in stock for $769 shipped. That would leave funds for longer handguard or a red dot, sling, light, mags.
    At that price, I would definitely choose that rifle over the Stag.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ch=spike's

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I've done plenty of research and looked at all company's I could find, and the stag arms model 3 is the only rifle of that type within my price range. The requirements that I have for an AR15 are:

1. Complete flat top, with no front sight post.

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

5. Has to be 5.56 caliber, not .223.

6. 16" barrel max, 14" barrel min.

The stag arms rifle is the only rifle that, once you buy the plus package, fits all of these requirements. If there is another rifle that fits these, please let me know. I was originally going to buy the DPMS Oracle for $709, but it only has a 1/9 barrel twist and after handling one at a local sporting goods store, I found I didn't like the looks or the feel of the rifle. I'm also not willing to build an AR15, so please don't suggest that. Maybe in the future but not right now. I also do not want a bushmaster rifle.
    If you want a REAL mil-spec guns, buy a Colt. We sell the 6920 for $990!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6920

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I had though about that one, but the front sight post was the deal killer. My main problem that I have with the front sight post is that I'm going to be using an Eotech Xps2-0 and the front sight post is in the way. Yes I know that you can train yourself to ignore the front sight post but I prefer to have an uncluttered view of the target. Thanks for the idea though.
    No, it is not in the way. It is called co-witnessing.

C4

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast