Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army44 View Post
    with the plus package it is. That's what they told me and what I got from their website.

I had e-mailed them to see if it was milspec with the plus package and they said yes. Also, the model 3 has a milspec upper and milspec buffer tube.
    Since you have already gotten so much good advice, I will only offer this: don't believe everything you read/hear, even on a mfr's website/phone/email. It's not like they are gonna get sued for false advertising, so the term "milspec" gets over-used and abused.

Feedback Score
    I've done plenty of research and looked at all company's I could find, and the stag arms model 3 is the only rifle of that type within my price range. The requirements that I have for an AR15 are:

1. Complete flat top, with no front sight post.

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

5. Has to be 5.56 caliber, not .223.

6. 16" barrel max, 14" barrel min.
    For your price range, I would pick up a BCM lower from either bravocompanyusa or grtactical.

I would buy something like this from bravo company usa along with BCG and charging handle.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...w%20vtrx11.htm

The total price would be around $1100 and it would exceed all of your requirements plus you would be getting a good rail system as well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    If you want a REAL mil-spec guns, buy a Colt. We sell the 6920 for $990!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6920

C4
    +1

With options like this, I see no reason to go with anything other than a Colt.

Feedback Score
    Honestly, I know you came here looking for affirmation, rather than defecation on your choice of stag's model 3. But m4c tells it like it is. Unlike tos, you will find many of the members are not just enthusiasts, but rather they are real life professionals who depend on their choices to keep them safe, not trying to bash you, just not wanting to good game you on everything you do or choose. You being in the army have probably gotten used to this kind of teaching, and you will often find it here. People like rob s, iraqgunz, and failure2stop live and breathe this stuff, if you listen to anyone, listen to them.

The aforementioned bcm upper setup is also a good choice. To save even more cash, try to find a quality complete lower in your area to purchase and save some money on the fee's. If you want the basic rundown of this site's ar brand preferences, these are the winners, colt, daniel defense, noveske, bcm, knights armament co(kac), lmt. No one is going to argue any of these rifles aren't up to par. Some(kac) are more expensive than others(bcm) but these are some good failsafes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    Since you have already gotten so much good advice, I will only offer this: don't believe everything you read/hear, even on a mfr's website/phone/email. It's not like they are gonna get sued for false advertising, so the term "milspec" gets over-used and abused.
    It also matters a lot who you wind up talking to. I can think of very few manufacturing companies (or any company really, outside of small scale retail) where the guy answering the phone is the guy that knows what he's talking about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So you're active duty?

How do you address the front sight post problem with your duty gun?

I personally don't think the 6940 is the right gun for you. In some ways it meets your criteria, but you will find it to be extremely limiting later on. Even the barrel is not compatible with the standard AR barrel.

I would also not recommend that particular Stag. If your goal is to eliminate the front sight and have a free-float handguard I would take advantage of both situations and get a handguard long enough to cover the gas block.
    No, I'm currently Army National Guard. We still use the M16 A2, so it is iron sights only with that weapon. Whats wrong with the barrel?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Whats wrong with the barrel?
    there is nothing wrong with it.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know where I can get the Colt SP6940? I have found the following places:

G&R Tactical: $1315.00 ($1280+$35 for moe stock upgrade).

Cheaper than dirt: $1,272.24

Impact guns: $1,359.99 and free shipping.

G&R Tactical offers for $30 UPS Express as well.

Any other places where I can find this rifle for maybe a little cheaper? The G&R Tactical sales person gave me a coupon code to use but he said that it would only work on some things and sure enough it didn't work when I tried it.
    Last edited by Army44; 10-10-11 at 13:40.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Does anybody know where I can get the Colt SP6940? I have found the following places:

G&R Tactical: $1315.00 ($1280+$35 for moe stock upgrade).

Cheaper than dirt: $1,272.24

Impact guns: $1,359.99 and free shipping.

G&R Tactical offers for $30 UPS Express as well.

Any other places where I can find this rifle for maybe a little cheaper? The G&R Tactical sales person gave me a coupon code to use but he said that it would only work on some things and sure enough it didn't work when I tried it.
    Hmm, Crappy customer service and dirt has them for $1272? I will change my pricing to beat them! Price is now $1270!

C4

Feedback Score
    Customer service wasn't bad. I had asked if there was a military discount and he said on some things and gave me the code, so service wasn't bad. Thanks for the price update.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast