Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the stag arms model 3 with plus package.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Or you can buy a Colt 6920 for almost the exact same price. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabo2448 View Post
    Stag 3 with plus packageFor those wanting a rifle with extra testing and also with features for the constant firing of 5.56 ammunition Stag Arms offers the Plus Package. This package includes individual Magnetic Particle (MP) and High Pressure (HP) testing of the bolt and barrel, upgraded barrel steel, and other features listed below. Available only as a complete package.

Stag Arms standard carbines (Model 1, 2, 2T, 3, 8 and their left-handed equivalents) feature:

- Carpenter 158 shot peened Bolt with black extractor spring
    - Shrouded full circle AR15 bolt carrier with side staked carrier key
    - 5.56 NATO chambered barrel with chrome lining, 1/9 twist, double lead lapped, and parkerized under the front sight base
    - M4 feed ramps
    - F marked front sight base with taper pins
    - Double heatshield handguards
    - Mil-Spec size 7000 series aluminum receiver extension with staked receiver nut (also known as castle nut)
    - One 30rd USGI Magazine*

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:
    - 4150 barrel steel chrome lined
    - 1/7 Twist rifling
    - Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
    - M-16 Bolt Carrier
    - Heavy (H) buffer assembly
    - One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Or you can buy a Colt 6920 for almost the exact same price. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    On surface it might look like a no brainer but if you're wanting a rifle without a front post like army 44 wanted then it gets a little fuzzy. Why would you buy a rifle that has a front post if you didn't want one??? Also, the Colt has a standard hand guard that most people who have ARs wind up having a drawer full of crap like this because the first thing most do is change it out to fit accessories. The Stag has a $100 hand guard on it already. Just add what rail sections you need and you're set. They're only $20 for long rail and $15 for short.
    Last edited by Jabo2448; 02-22-12 at 01:36.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Stag 3 with plus packageFor those wanting a rifle with extra testing and also with features for the constant firing of 5.56 ammunition Stag Arms offers the Plus Package. This package includes individual Magnetic Particle (MP) and High Pressure (HP) testing of the bolt and barrel, upgraded barrel steel, and other features listed below. Available only as a complete package.

Stag Arms standard carbines (Model 1, 2, 2T, 3, 8 and their left-handed equivalents) feature:

- Carpenter 158 shot peened Bolt with black extractor spring
    - Shrouded full circle AR15 bolt carrier with side staked carrier key
    - 5.56 NATO chambered barrel with chrome lining, 1/9 twist, double lead lapped, and parkerized under the front sight base
    - M4 feed ramps
    - F marked front sight base with taper pins
    - Double heatshield handguards
    - Mil-Spec size 7000 series aluminum receiver extension with staked receiver nut (also known as castle nut)
    - One 30rd USGI Magazine*

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:
    - 4150 barrel steel chrome lined
    - 1/7 Twist rifling
    - Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
    - M-16 Bolt Carrier
    - Heavy (H) buffer assembly
    - One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*
    I think I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    There are still other options that I would look at before Stag Arms.

On surface it might look like a no brainer but if you're wanting a rifle without a front post like army 44 wanted then it gets a little fuzzy. Why would you buy a rifle that has a front post if you didn't want one??? Also, the Colt has a standard hand guard that most people who have ARs wind up having a drawer full of crap like this because the first thing most do is change it out to fit accessories. The Stag has a $100 hand guard on it already. Just add what rail sections you need and you're set. They're only $20 for long rail and $15 for short.

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Maybe you can post a link to the exact Stag model you're talking about so that we can be sure we're discussing apples:apples.

I am glad to see the plus package, although I have reservations about how easily a gunshop buyer could get duped by the fact that the plus exists while they buy a non-plus. I can't imagine buying one, or why I would buy one, but I'm glad to see them offering it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Maybe you can post a link to the exact Stag model you're talking about so that we can be sure we're discussing apples:apples.

I am glad to see the plus package, although I have reservations about how easily a gunshop buyer could get duped by the fact that the plus exists while they buy a non-plus. I can't imagine buying one, or why I would buy one, but I'm glad to see them offering it.
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...-model-3-d.jpg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would say that handguard is actually less desirable than the M4 handguard that comes on the Colt. It undoubtedly costs more, and appears to me to be even more likely to make it's way to the trash bin. If my choice was between that, even with the Plus Package, and a Colt 6720 or 6920, I'd still choose the Colt every time.

Just to list my objections to that model
    • useless gas block. Too tall to fit under a better-quality, free-floated handguard, but not tall enough to mount a standard front sight meant for attaching to free-float handguards. and it's clamped-on. Pins, taper pins, are better.
    • useless handguard. Too short to be any better than the M4, more likely to transfer heat to the shooter (it's either plastic without shields or it's metal, either way the heat transfer is inevitable), no more modular than the M4 (I can drill holes in an M4 handguard and attach what I want just as easily), possibly heavier, undoubtedly more expensive. and not free-floated which is one of three primary reasons to ditch the M4 handguards (the other two being ease of attaching and moving accessories on the Picatinny rails and the other being to get a longer reach, neither of which this handguard offers either).
    • left-handed. useless. Satan-handers have been shooting standard ARs, and righties have been performing lateral transitions, for decades now. solution looking for a problem.
    • no sights. The Colt comes with either a removable carry handle (6920) or MATECH flipup rear (6720) and a standard front sight base (which does NOT impede view through optic when used correctly).
    • no side-sling swivel. Minor issue, and the 6720 doesn't come with one either, but the inclusion of same on the 6920 means someone can easily, and correctly, attach a modern quick-adjust two-point wihtout adding hardware and can knock out the legacy bottom swivel since they won't use it.
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-22-12 at 06:05.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I would say that handguard is actually less desirable than the M4 handguard that comes on the Colt. It undoubtedly costs more, and appears to me to be even more likely to make it's way to the trash bin. If my choice was between that, even with the Plus Package, and a Colt 6720 or 6920, I'd still choose the Colt every time.

Just to list my objections to that model
    • useless gas block. Too tall to fit under a better-quality, free-floated handguard, but not tall enough to mount a standard front sight meant for attaching to free-float handguards. and it's clamped-on. Pins, taper pins, are better.
    • useless handguard. Too short to be any better than the M4, more likely to transfer heat to the shooter (it's either plastic without shields or it's metal, either way the heat transfer is inevitable), no more modular than the M4 (I can drill holes in an M4 handguard and attach what I want just as easily), possibly heavier, undoubtedly more expensive. and not free-floated which is one of three primary reasons to ditch the M4 handguards (the other two being ease of attaching and moving accessories on the Picatinny rails and the other being to get a longer reach, neither of which this handguard offers either).
    • left-handed. useless. Satan-handers have been shooting standard ARs, and righties have been performing lateral transitions, for decades now. solution looking for a problem.
    • no sights. The Colt comes with either a removable carry handle (6920) or MATECH flipup rear (6720) and a standard front sight base (which does NOT impede view through optic when used correctly).
    • no side-sling swivel. Minor issue, and the 6720 doesn't come with one either, but the inclusion of same on the 6920 means someone can easily, and correctly, attach a modern quick-adjust two-point wihtout adding hardware and can knock out the legacy bottom swivel since they won't use it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Army44 View Post
    I've done plenty of research and looked at all company's I could find, and the stag arms model 3 is the only rifle of that type within my price range. The requirements that I have for an AR15 are:

1. Complete flat top, with no front sight post.

2. Mil-spec.

3. 1/7 barrel twist.

4. Under $1,100.

5. Has to be 5.56 caliber, not .223.

6. 16" barrel max, 14" barrel min.

The stag arms rifle is the only rifle that, once you buy the plus package, fits all of these requirements. If there is another rifle that fits these, please let me know. I was originally going to buy the DPMS Oracle for $709, but it only has a 1/9 barrel twist and after handling one at a local sporting goods store, I found I didn't like the looks or the feel of the rifle. I'm also not willing to build an AR15, so please don't suggest that. Maybe in the future but not right now. I also do not want a bushmaster rifle.
    I have been into AR's now for about 2 years, I bought a RRA mid-length and have been very happy with it. But, as I have dug deeper and asked questions my knowledge base has grown substantially and I can now easily verify it's 'short comings'.

With that said and your requirements you want / need, build it! There are plenty of resources here for assembly. I built my other rifle for about 800.00 with a BCM 16" mid-length and quality parts.

I also built a mid-length for a friend of mine with the BCM 16" upper receiver and a spikes tactical stripped lower (100.00), when all is said and done it will be right under a grand.

I wish I had known about this website when I was originally looking.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You haven't used their CS yet.

C4
    ^^^^^^^^

This guy cares about the customer... Don't be a dipshit and pass him up on what he just did for you, and all of us.

And I do think with some of Stags recent designs and new products, they are trying to make themselves a better company, and compete with some of the tried and true quality rifle makers. I'm glad they are, the more the merrier. But, I don't think that they are "there" yet, so I'd pass on one for now. Maybe in the future we can trust Stag like Colt or Noveske, but that time isn't now.
    Last edited by Tzook; 02-22-12 at 07:57.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast