Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Feedback

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Feedback

These are currently $750 at SWFA and I'm seriously considering picking up 2. I've been attempting to research them as much as possible and what I've been able to obtain so far:

Pros:
    Usable reticle both eyes open on 1x even without illumination
    Mil/mil adjustments & reticle making the scope very usable out to 500-600 yards
    Generous eyebox (anyone have exit pupil data?)
    Good eye relief (3.75")
    High quality glass
    Ability to run turrets capped & uncapped
    Scope houses spare battery

Cons:
    A little on the heavy side
    Not day time bright in the brightest of sunny days (but irrelevant to usability)
    Relatively short battery life (which most LPVs seem to suffer)
    Ho hum FOV

From what I can gather it blows everything else out in it's price range making it arguably the best value in LPVs. I've looked hard at the Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-6.5 SPF, VCOG, Mk6 & Vortex Razor, Burris XTR2 but that price seems too good to pass up. I really like the fact it does not require illumination to use effectively, unlike something like a Mk6 which is dependent on it. Swaro & Khales scopes were more than what I was willing to pay for a scope.

So, any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There was actually a very solid thread on ARFCOM about their 1-4x, which I would think to be very similar. The OP compared it to several others and still favored the SS. I've been going back and forth with their 1-4, especially since they are on sale now too. The only real potential negative that I can come up with is that they're definitely a bit older - that thread alone was from 2011. There has to be some better technology out there by now right?

Also, Amazon is already running low on stock, but they're putting the new XTRII 1.5-8 on sale in a 12ish hours, just in case that might interest you.
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-29-14 at 19:10.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have this scope, and your list of pros and cons sums it up nicely.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA View Post
    I have this scope, and your list of pros and cons sums it up nicely.
    Thank you, anything you don't like about the scope I haven't listed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good scope. You won't be disappointed. Get the cat tail as the power adjustment ring is pretty stiff.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    Good scope. You won't be disappointed. Get the cat tail as the power adjustment ring is pretty stiff.
    Thanks I probably should have listed the stiff adjustment ring as a con but I planned on getting s cat tail anyway (I think all LPVs need a cat tail)... SWFA also has a sale on their SSALT mount (non QD), I was initially thinking about their SWFA branded Bobro mount but is the SSALT at $30 (sale price) worth considering?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Thanks I probably should have listed the stiff adjustment ring as a con but I planned on getting s cat tail anyway (I think all LPVs need a cat tail)... SWFA also has a sale on their SSALT mount (non QD), I was initially thinking about their SWFA branded Bobro mount but is the SSALT at $30 (sale price) worth considering?
    I just got a SSALT mount that came in a package deal from SWFA with a Leatherwood Hi Lux seems like a good sturdy mount to me.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have used the SWFA scope to shoot my noveske n4 out to 600 yards. Turrets seem to track well to make hits and reticle hold over works as well in my limited time with it. I am happy with it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    I have used the SWFA scope to shoot my noveske n4 out to 600 yards. Turrets seem to track well to make hits and reticle hold over works as well in my limited time with it. I am happy with it.
    Straw that broke the camel's back, I caved and bought 2 today. I will put 1 on a KAC 14.5 & 1 on a SCAR 17s. I figure even if I don't like the optic, I could sell them and not take a huge hit at the Black Friday prices.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Straw that broke the camel's back, I caved and bought 2 today. I will put 1 on a KAC 14.5 & 1 on a SCAR 17s. I figure even if I don't like the optic, I could sell them and not take a huge hit at the Black Friday prices.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I am tempted to add another, or try their new offering.

I have been blown away what xm193 out of that n4 can do. As long as I get my wind calls right making hits is pretty easy.....wind calls...thats another story.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast