Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Belloc; 03-02-13 at 03:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My .02 having never fondled the SRS.
    OK,
    1. You made a good point.

2. No, we are talking about a backup, no reasonably sized tritium light will work by itself against a very bright light, the only backup that will work for that is a reticle etched or otherwise which will appear black, but that would defeat the purpose for this type of sight.

I'm talking about having a tritium light for very low light or dark when there is not enough ambient light to drive the solar, and the battery is dead. Having even a faint dot would be nice. Probably not worth the cost and engineering.

3. Number 2 would be almost unnecessary if the battery could regenerate itself, for instance if the sight were designed like the Leupold VXR where after some period of time if no movement were detected the led would shut off. Trijicon SRS could then switch the solar to charge the battery. Any movement would instantaneously, turn the charging off and the led back on. You are talking about milliseconds.

OK, this is all about electronics, so maybe they decided that the current generated from the solar was inadequate to charge the battery and/or the added electronics would make the unit less reliable. But I can go down to Home Depot and buy a $4 solar light to stick in my lawn that will run quite awhile on battery power received during the day from the tiny solar panel on top of it. And I bet dollars to doughnuts that the led in the lawn light uses more energy than the LED in the SRS.

Then again, they probably decided that most soldiers will be able to find a new battery. LOL.

Just saying...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I hear what you're saying, I just picked up my first Acog and think it's a great optic. I also have purchased 4 T1s from G&R Tactical. All of those purchases benefited Americans and American business.

When this sight comes out I will give it a serious look, and I'm very interested to eventually see what all these rumors are about with new products and innovations coming from Trijicon in the near future. If this optic has its sights (apologies) on the M4, has Trijicon also something targeting the T1?
    Very good point about supporting American small business, and I don't mean to pound on it because I also believe that in the marketplace the best product should win, however I frequently hear folks defending past decisions by berating new products. At least that is how it sounds to me. Personally, I just get pissed that I don't have the coolest thing anymore (This is why Apple sells so many iPhones.)

Then again, at some point you have to ask yourself and I have to ask myself, "How much better can it be?" "I've already got great gear, this new thing might be slightly better (unproved), but its not gonna make that much difference." "It's not going to make my stuff obsolete, it just moves things forward." "And when I feel like I want to replace what I've got I know that great equipment holds it value."

Anyway, I try to look at the positives of any new stuff that comes out and know that it just pushes competition and makes everything better, faster, and sometimes cheaper.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I hear what you're saying, I just picked up my first Acog and think it's a great optic. I also have purchased 4 T1s from G&R Tactical. All of those purchases benefited Americans and American business.

When this sight comes out I will give it a serious look, and I'm very interested to eventually see what all these rumors are about with new products and innovations coming from Trijicon in the near future. If this optic has its sights (apologies) on the M4, has Trijicon also something targeting the T1?
    Isn't Aimpoint a Swedish company...?
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Aren’t the Accupoints made in Japan?
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Aren’t the Accupoints made in Japan?
    No. I do believe that they get their glass from Japan though (as do many companies).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-18-11 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Belloc; 03-02-13 at 03:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post

I do wonder what the battery life would be if left on and stored in a dark case so it was instantly ready. Then it would be pulling from just the battery and life would be less I would think. Or just store it powered off and go through the motions of powering it on when removing from trunk/case.
    This is what came to my mind as being a concern. I live that my aimpoints can be put in the safe or dark closed while on and they will be good to go without any worry. If this can do the same it will give aimpoint a run. If they price it in the same league as an M4 I'm not sure they'll get much movement. Why go away form a well proven design to an unknown of the same price point? Not that Trijicon puts out crap at al, but they have little track record in the RDS arena. Put it into the $100 or so less than the M4 closer to the M3 series and it'll entice people to switch.

Count me as another who wants an accupoint with better reticle choices. 1-4; 1-6 whatever it takes.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the weight. 13+ ounces with battery and mount. It may be in the realm of the M4 but not the micro. Don't get me wrong, I like it but like someone stated before, what does it bring to the market that other RDS don't already have?
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't care where a product is made. If its the best and its American, I buy it and am glad. If its the best and is Swedish, I buy it and hope that the American manufacturers will one day earn my business back. I believe this leads to greatness of our nation. Not just buying whatever because its "patriotic". I'm not a fan of affirmative action of any sort.

All that said, I think the main thing this SRS stands to offer is a better fov and less tube effect.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast