Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Why? Fanboy?

No but since I have more actual rounds on one than anyone else and I can also say the marines expressed intrest in a different mount as well and I can factually tell you I have had an issue with mine in the current mount during a class in az.

Fanboy, no but since I'm over 6500 rounds now with no loss of zero on the optic and only one mount issue that required a bottle of water to fix I can the average user will be fine

I would rather have a larue
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    Looks like a great product. There are some things I would have done different, but There is no way in hell im shelling out $700+ for a Red dot. Or even $400+. ITS A RDS. One of the simplest optics to make.

Aimpoint pretty much has had a monopoly on them for 15 years. I have had a M2 for about 6 years now and I still use it on my main carbine. Had an ACOG before that, but sold it. I will not pay 500+ for a micro aimpoint and sure as hell wont pay more for a m4. Its rediculous. Now were looking at $7-800 for a 1x red dot. That is INSANE. Does not need a solar pannel. If anything the tech should have been getting cheaper over the years. What complicated electronics are in this. They can build a Xbox 360 with a computer in it for less than $200, but not an aluminum housing with 2 lesnes and a few electronics.

Its funny that people are willing to pay HUNDREDS more for a RDS that has a 5 year batterty life to save $.50 batteries. I would rather change them ever 6 months and save $400.

As long as fanboys will continue to buy these (the gov doesnt care what they cost,the taxpayer is the real looser in this deal. Look at what the DoD paid for each M68CCO) overpriced optics, we will never get a quality RDS that is not the same cost as a decent rifle.
    Since your so frugal and smart when you can get one to market with great battery life, hold a zero, be nv capable and can be blown up dragged behind trucks slam drop tested shot with a shotgun at your utg price point let us know
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    No but since I have more actual rounds on one than anyone else and I can also say the marines expressed intrest in a different mount as well and I can factually tell you I have had an issue with mine in the current mount during a class in az.

Fanboy, no but since I'm over 6500 rounds now with no loss of zero on the optic and only one mount issue that required a bottle of water to fix I can the average user will be fine

I would rather have a larue
    The Bobro mount or the stnd screw on from Trijicon?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since your so frugal and smart when you can get one to market with great battery life, hold a zero, be nv capable and can be blown up dragged behind trucks slam drop tested shot with a shotgun at your utg price point let us know
    When I was an Armorer, I had a huge box of broken aimpoints and parts. Wana guess how many Acogs were in that box? Zero.

Aimpoint is not some miricle product. Yes they are well made but its a red dot in an aluminum housing. Your telling me a T1 is as expensive to make and sell as a Glock or 50" LCD Tv?

You are paying for marketing on a quality product, but one that is over 2x what it should cost. No one has made a cheaper one beacuse there is no market share. AP already has the Mil contracts and is embeded in the industry. What incentive is there for a company to spent 10 million in equipment and space to produce a product that sells for half as much. Its not like they are selling millions of these. Minus Marketing AP COGS is probally less than $100 per unit. They could drop the price, push the other competetor out of the market and raise the prices back up. Or they could say **** it, we already have the gov on the hook for $100+ Million in contracts and dont need the civilian side. They cant lower the price and still sell to the gov for inflated prices.

Gov contracts.... How do they work?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    it looks like it combines the advantages of both the eotech and aimpoints into a single optic. Was hoping it would've been a bit cheaper. I was expecting $750 max
    ^^^^ same here. would have expected the price to be alittle lower to compete with aimpoint and eotech. has anyone put these optics to the test yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Gov contracts.... How do they work?
    If you're gonna start pounding on that "lowest bidder" drum, just shut your sewer, right now. That's such a gross oversimplification of what actually happens, it defies description.

If you're not gonna do that, then okay, we'll play your little game....tell me, or somebody else that deals directly with procurement, how gov't contracts work. Answer your own question, since you're obviously dying to do so, but be ready to get treated like a goat carcass tossed in a school or pihrana if you're gonna base ANY argument you have off of the idea that "lowest bidder" is, in any way, a stand-alone consideration, particularly in terms of the primary tools of the GCE.

You didn't have boxes and boxes of broken ACOGs because it's not the go-to optic of the Army, or you ain't been around all that long, and merely think you have. You not seeing boxes and boxes of broken ANYthing simply speaks to limited experience and throughput on your part, not the absence of something being broken on the part of ANY item you care to mention in thes vein. You're no less a victim to your narrow frame of reference than any other blowhard we get running through here.

I'm about freaking sick of your over-willingness to take a giant dump on other members, for no palpable benefit or additive effect to the threads in which you participate. Bear in mind, that as free as you think you are to post whatever you want, in whatever form you want, there's others (with all sorts of extra little browser buttons...) that can shut you down or alter anything you have to say. It would be preferred if you'd take a step back from yourself for a moment, and put your :internetpenis: back in your pants. We don't need or want to see it.

So, here's your public, informal warning: Pump your brakes, both in general and with the "fanboy" and "cockfag" bullshit in particular.

Now.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    The Bobro mount or the stnd screw on from Trijicon?
    Since your so up on things you should know that the SRS comes with a Bobro Mount......
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    If you're gonna start pounding on that "lowest bidder" drum, just shut your sewer, right now. That's such a gross oversimplification of what actually happens, it defies description.

If you're not gonna do that, then okay, we'll play your little game....tell me, or somebody else that deals directly with procurement, how gov't contracts work. Answer your own question, since you're obviously dying to do so, but be ready to get treated like a goat carcass tossed in a school or pihrana if you're gonna base ANY argument you have off of the idea that "lowest bidder" is, in any way, a stand-alone consideration, particularly in terms of the primary tools of the GCE.

You didn't have boxes and boxes of broken ACOGs because it's not the go-to optic of the Army, or you ain't been around all that long, and merely think you have. You not seeing boxes and boxes of broken ANYthing simply speaks to limited experience and throughput on your part, not the absence of something being broken on the part of ANY item you care to mention in thes vein. You're no less a victim to your narrow frame of reference than any other blowhard we get running through here.

I'm about freaking sick of your over-willingness to take a giant dump on other members, for no palpable benefit or additive effect to the threads in which you participate. Bear in mind, that as free as you think you are to post whatever you want, in whatever form you want, there's others (with all sorts of extra little browser buttons...) that can shut you down or alter anything you have to say. It would be preferred if you'd take a step back from yourself for a moment, and put your :internetpenis: back in your pants. We don't need or want to see it.

So, here's your public, informal warning: Pump your brakes, both in general and with the "fanboy" and "cockfag" bullshit in particular.

Now.
    1. No one said anything about a lowest Bidder. I am not sure where you get that from. More often then not a contract is awarded to someone other than the lowest bidder. This is from a variety of reasons on anything from Substandard product, lack of confidence in management team, and higher risk of contract defult, ect. Since you clearly know more then me on gov contracting and want to shoot down my credibility, how many SEB (selection evaluation boards) have you sat on for both Services and Products? How many simplified aquisions have you proccesed? I never mentioned "lowest bidder" in this thread and if anything was refering to the FAR (Federal Aquision Regulation) that bassicaly states the gov will not pay more for a product or service then it sells for on the open markey, all things being equal.

2. I deal directly with procurement. In fact I am a Federal 0343 and my sole job is procurement on behaf of my federal agency/program office. I am a certified COR and working towards my DAWIA as a warrented contracting officer. Feel free to come to D.C. one day, Ill even give you a tour. If this wont satisfy you, then I don't know what will.

3. How do you know what Ive seen? There were plenty of broken shit in boxes in both my arms room connex and ammo connex. When your at war, they tend not to really care about broken shit when you can just order/aquire servicble equipment. Bottom line, Not one ACOG went down. All of our casualties were from IED's and vechile crashes. Ever seen a M16 melted into a blob of aluminum? No mehcanical devise is immune from defects or failure. They all fail sooner or later. My statement was simple: While the Aimpoint is a quality product, It should not cost anywhere near as much as it does to the taxpayer.

I still dont understand why you are taking personal stabs at me, with little to no rational. You dont like my opionion and experinces? Ok that thats your right. Do you work for aimpoint or have some stake in the succses of its products? Are we unable to debate and talk about procucts and issues like adults, or are we going to flip out and threaten someone beacuse we dont like a differing opinion. I have been on this site for years and have never seen a moderator flip out like this over something so trivial.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since your so up on things you should know that the SRS comes with a Bobro Mount......
    Since you want to be a smart ass, its been released that it will come with either the Bobro or a stnd screw mount. I know its really hard to awsner a simple question......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had a chance to play with the SRS on Steve's rifle for a bit. It appears to be a viable option and I've watched him beat up on his quite a bit.

Will I be replacing all of my T1's? Probably not. When/if I have a new rifle that needs a RDO, will I give the SRS a hard look? Probably.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast