Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Since you want to be a smart ass, its been released that it will come with either the Bobro or a stnd screw mount. I know its really hard to awsner a simple question......

The only ones i have shot all are pre production and come with a Bobro
    The thumb screw mount was most likely and added thought to cut cost (i haven't heard this from my guys at trijicon but will check on it)down and i don't really care to be honest the thumb screw mount is even worse and needs to be checked more often and thread locker used.... Ill use the bobro one till mark makes amount......

as tom stated i wont be replacing my aimpoints anytime soon as i have too many of them....If there is such a thing... but my new guns will get them
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You dont like my opionion and experinces?
    Incorrect. I do not like your behavior.

Particularly, what isn't liked is that you can't seem to bring either to bear without recognizing that you don't have a monopoly on them, that there are others that are just as valid, and when you can depersonalize your own assertions to the point that you don't need to talk down to the general membership and industry personnel, and otherwise follow the posting rules you agreed to follow upon registration.

The forum staff is here to ensure that you DO follow them, willingly or otherwise. That's as personal as it's gonna get; any feeling to the contrary is just you feeling singled out as a result of you skylining yourself by being dickish.

Run a search on "bickering/baiting" when you get the chance. It'll lead you to some information RE: posting rules that you may or may not have seen, by now. You can learn from it, and check your tone and choice of words, or you can start piling up infractions and have the decision to do that taken completely out of your hands.

No, I don't work for any vendor or manufacturer, and never have.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    despite the bickering trijicon is giving us the best of aimpoint and eotech in a solar powered optic with a great after market qd mount.

im getting one the first day they launch in april

Feedback Score
    Sorry if this a noob type question, but I'm not understanding something. People keep referring to the large field of view with this RDS, but if you shoot both eyes open is there such thing as field of view? Shouldn't the optic pretty much disappear?

Or is it that with a bigger window you might be able to pick up the optic quicker vs trying to find a smaller window?

I have a Aimpoint micro, it's the only RDS I've ever used so I don't have anything else to use as a point of reference.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wileecoyote View Post
    Sorry if this a noob type question, but I'm not understanding something. People keep referring to the large field of view with this RDS, but if you shoot both eyes open is there such thing as field of view? Shouldn't the optic pretty much disappear?

Or is it that with a bigger window you might be able to pick up the optic quicker vs trying to find a smaller window?

I have a Aimpoint micro, it's the only RDS I've ever used so I don't have anything else to use as a point of reference.
    You are correct about "field of view" being the wrong phraseology here. While FOV is not a factor with these optics because both eyes are kept open, a large diameter tube will be more forgiving "eye box" wise...especially when shooting from unconventional positions. If your eye is not perfectly centered behind the optic you will still be able to pick up the red dot.

With training and practice this becomes a bit of a non issue. Most shooters have no problems with Aimpoint Micros.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    ...trijicon is giving us the best of aimpoint and eotech in a solar powered optic with a great after market qd mount.
    I'm not familiar with the difference in technologies. what makes this "the best of aimpoint and eotech"?..
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I'm not familiar with the difference in technologies. what makes this "the best of aimpoint and eotech"?..
    the SRS has a 3yr run time on one AA battery alone, but if its in the sun you can get years upon years of run time, infinite even in the sun.

it has the rugged durability of the trijicon optics.

it also has the giant FOV and no tube effect(if it exists) which will allow for quick acquisition, as quick as eotech?

so in this you get a 1.75moa dot with the durability of a trijicon, the FOV and speed of an eotech, and the battery life of a aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I was an Armorer, I had a huge box of broken aimpoints and parts. Wana guess how many Acogs were in that box? Zero.
    FWIW out of a 100 man range detail (USMC qual range) that my Battalion recently shot we had about 5 or 6 weapon drops for broken TA-31s.
    Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A battery left in the battery compartment for that long (3 years), will corrosion be an issue?
    Last edited by thmpr; 01-03-12 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    A battery left in the battery compartment for that long (3 years), will corrosion be an issue?
    shouldnt be, as long as its a lithium your ok

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast