Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    If you're referring to the Zeiss Z-Point, I'm not certain why it would qualify as a combat optic.
    Tomac
    ...because it was issued by the German military (a combat force) for use in combat situations by combat troops? I'm not certain why you think it wouldn't qualify as a combat optic.
    Jake Sebens
    Ares Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    ...because it was issued by the German military (a combat force) for use in combat situations by combat troops? I'm not certain why you think it wouldn't qualify as a combat optic.
    Thx for clarifying, this is the first I've heard of it being military issue.
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    ...lets not forget the great 1.75MOA dot and the large 38mm window that eliminates that tube effect some have since its such a compact optic as far as length goes
    unless I'm seeing the pics wrong, it only has 38MM at the objective end. the ocular appears to be the same size as the Aimpoint M4 sitting beside it. if true, this would be the limiting factor in what we're calling FOV, not the size of the forward opening...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    unless I'm seeing the pics wrong, it only has 38MM at the objective end. the ocular appears to be the same size as the Aimpoint M4 sitting beside it. if true, this would be the limiting factor in what we're calling FOV, not the size of the forward opening...
    from what ive seen it may be the same size as the M4 but as you move your head you see different parts of the front so it looks much larger than it is, its pretty interesting

Feedback Score
    I have to admit I kind of dismissed this when I saw it on GearScout last year. But the more I look at it the more interesting it is.

I like how Eotechs have the big window that's more forgiving of head position, and I like how Aimpoints had the rugged and proven tube design. This seems to marry the two; kind of like the chunky size and viewing area of an Eotech XPS but in the tube form factor of a CompM4. Very cool.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    http://www.opticstalk.com/shot-show-...026_page1.html

Looks like there will be dual illuminated versions coming out as well (fiber optic).
    Last edited by armakraut; 01-06-12 at 20:20.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    http://www.opticstalk.com/shot-show-...026_page1.html

Looks like there will be dual illuminated versions coming out as well (fiber optic).
    Those look just like the specs for the various RMR versions. Are they really going to bring out all those different versions of the SRS on top of the solar powered one? Seems strange. Plus a big jump in the dot size for those versions too.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Saw this sight awhile back. Definitely will look into getting one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trijicon SRS™ Featured on NRA American Rifleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq2PP...eature=related

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Durability testing does not equate to years in the field and the multitude of environments and conditions that the product is exposed to. When the ACOG's first came out many years ago, they too had issues which needed to be resolved over time.
    I have close to 11k rounds now on mine and in a few different enviorments from Texas to az to Nola to michigan cold and ice and 3 drops so far its been good. I had a meeting with the guys who built it from the ground up this week
    And we had a good exchange. Of info. Its good optic
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast