Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I have close to 11k rounds now on mine and in a few different enviorments from Texas to az to Nola to michigan cold and ice and 3 drops so far its been good. I had a meeting with the guys who built it from the ground up this week
    And we had a good exchange. Of info. Its good optic
    and no details???

how does it compare in durability to that of eotech and aimpoints?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    and no details???

how does it compare in durability to that of eotech and aimpoints?

My details have been posted in many places, (so drop the attitude), on this optic thank you
    it has had better durability than any of my eotechs but then again they never lasted that many rounds, i haven't had enough time on a xps but have seen many of them in classes with issues, the XPS seams to be less problematic

1 single unit vs the many aimpoints i have has proven in its short time span that it has been durable reliable taken abuse on 556 and 308 and 12 gauge slug guns,a lot of info as been given to Trijicon since mine is and prototype not a production

it has been outside in single digits it has been in sand dust and dirt of AZ and texas it has been dropped it has been removed and replaced many times on various guns it has held its zeros well it has been left out in the rain for 3 days straight it has been hunted with and it has been overall a great performer off axis positions are much easier i have had no issues with various shooting glasses on and so and so on

as of know im the only person with this many rounds on this optic
    I think its a winner for them and a great choice and good alternative to aimpoint
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Thanks for the input steve, and sorry about the attitude. I think that was one of those statements that comes across better in person than online.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input steve, and sorry about the attitude. I think that was one of those statements that comes across better in person than online.
    Sorry, long night i feel a bit of sand in my slit
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For those that would like to know the weight difference between the Trijicon SRS /Bobro mount, battery installed =(13.8oz) and the Aimpoint Micro T1 mounted to a Larue LT-660 (tall mount), battery installed = (5.8oz). The SRS is 8oz heavier .
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-22-12 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Steve, since you have actual hands-on time with the SRS, I was wondering if you could definitively answer the co-witness question. I'm guessing it does allow for a co-witness with BUS (I could be wrong). If so, do you get a lower 1/3 co-witness with it? Thanks.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    For those that would like to know the weight difference between the Trijicon SRS /Bobro mount, battery installed =(13.8oz) and the Aimpoint Micro T1 mounted to a Larue LT-660 (tall mount), battery installed = (5.8oz), it is : The SRS is 8oz heavier .
    How exactly is it fair to compare i micro red dot to a full size?

Wouldnt a more fair comparison be an eotech, and a comp m4 compared to the srs

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    How exactly is it fair to compare i micro red dot to a full size?

Wouldnt a more fair comparison be an eotech, and a comp m4 compared to the srs
    It has nothing to do with whats fair, its just the difference between what is probably the most popular RDS/mount combo right now and the SRS. 8 oz might matter to some, others may care less, just stating the facts/specs to those that may want to know.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-22-12 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I handled these at Shot. Very nice and will put one on a gun to try out.

C4

Feedback Score

Co-witness

I too am interested in the co-witness question. Also, does a magnifier work with this sight?
    Last edited by jeeepguy; 03-25-12 at 23:53.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast