Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We just received two SRS optics from GRTactical.com (Thanks Grant), at the special forum price.

I had seen these at SHOT and appreciate the concept. It competes with the Aimpoint CompM4 and not the Micro, which still has its place. The solar panels worked quickly even without a battery.

I am curious on how the optic works with a PVS 14 behind it. I had good luck with the 14 behind a CompM4, and so so success with the micro. I suspect the larger SRS will make it a great combo.

They are going to the range tomorrow for testing.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    We just received two SRS optics from GRTactical.com (Thanks Grant), at the special forum price.

I had seen these at SHOT and appreciate the concept. It competes with the Aimpoint CompM4 and not the Micro, which still has its place. The solar panels worked quickly even without a battery.

I am curious on how the optic works with a PVS 14 behind it. I had good luck with the 14 behind a CompM4, and so so success with the micro. I suspect the larger SRS will make it a great combo.

Look forward to your report and thank you for your business!

C4

Feedback Score
    When the sight is powered on, does it start off at the lowest level and require you to click up in brightness or does it remember the last setting before it was turned off?

I'm very curious about this and I haven't see any post this info yet. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It remembers the last setting.

One observation I made today is that a kill flash will probably be needed for hunting two and four legged game. The larger size glass has more reflection, though it is canted a bit.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It remembers the last setting.

One observation I made today is that a kill flash will probably be needed for hunting two and four legged game. The larger size glass has more reflection, though it is canted a bit.
    How is the "tint"? I remember my T1 micro having a bit of blue to it, same as the M2, but my M4S has a little less tint, looking more "clear".

How does the SRS compare with the Aimpoint M4 in rendering a clear picture vs. having a "blue tint" to things?

Is the dot any "crisper" than the M4?
    Last edited by WS6; 06-29-12 at 01:57.

Feedback Score
    Wow finally - they are arriving.

Grant - please PM members price for the unit with the QD. No problem if it is not in stock yet or if you don't have a price yet. Thanks much.

Feedback Score
    It sure looks fat.

Feedback Score
    Super eager to hear a range report! Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Range report-

When compared to my trusty CompM4, it is comparable, but no idea on the long time durability. My M4 was rock solid for 3 years in the sandbox. But, I appreciate the solar panel. Batteries can not only run out, but can fail. To rely on the battery life is not realistic.

The cant of the front lens seems to allow more reflection into the optic. One may see a reflection of the circuit board, depending on the lighting. This may be an issue for some. I think a kill flash may solve this problem.

It doesn't seem faster than a micro or M4.

The zero adjustment screws are not protected, and that is a concern.

Overall, I need more time to trust the optic, but I like it as a general, default optic when battery supply may be an issue.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Range report-

When compared to my trusty CompM4, it is comparable, but no idea on the long time durability. My M4 was rock solid for 3 years in the sandbox. But, I appreciate the solar panel. Batteries can not only run out, but can fail. To rely on the battery life is not realistic.

The cant of the front lens seems to allow more reflection into the optic. One may see a reflection of the circuit board, depending on the lighting. This may be an issue for some. I think a kill flash may solve this problem.

It doesn't seem faster than a micro or M4.

The zero adjustment screws are not protected, and that is a concern.

Overall, I need more time to trust the optic, but I like it as a general, default optic when battery supply may be an issue.
    It won't work without the battery. The only thing it can do without a battery is remain on when in a lighted environment.

It will not turn on from the off setting without a battery--period.
    If a battery goes dead/is removed in an un-lit setting, obviously it will die.
    The only good the solar panel will be is for prolonging battery life, and for preventing the optic from dying when already in use in a lit environment, should the battery somehow be compromised at that moment. To me, this makes the solar-panel a weak excuse for having an otherwise comparable optic that only has 1/2 the battery life of their competitor.

I will be keeping my M4S, based on your review. We KNOW it works. While I am sure Trijicon did their homework and isn't peddling junk, we don't know if there are any foibles of any sort, or not. The optics on my M4S also look more chromatically correct than some of the SRS optic pictures I have seen, looking through the optic. What is your experience, there?
    Last edited by WS6; 07-04-12 at 01:23.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast