Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    sorry to bump a old thread, but has anyone bought a newer SRS that has been problem free? My friend bought a early one that didn't work so hot so I was wondering if trijicon fixed the issues with newer ones?

any input would be great especially if someone has ran one hard ( I know that's a loaded term)

Thanks

Andy
    RTLW!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    sorry to bump a old thread, but has anyone bought a newer SRS that has been problem free? My friend bought a early one that didn't work so hot so I was wondering if trijicon fixed the issues with newer ones?

any input would be great especially if someone has ran one hard ( I know that's a loaded term)

Thanks

Andy
    RTLW!
    I'd like to know this as well. Might be in the market for a SRS02
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    "Do you need to be told that even such modest attainments as you boast of in the way of polite society will hardly survive the Faith to which they owe their significance?"
    T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Too many bad write ups and videos on the SRS for me to purchase one. They all seem to be the same problem as well, and Trijicon's suggestion to purchase their ARD to cure the problem is ridiculous. I'd be pissed if that was their only answer to me to "fix" their flawed product.
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any updates on this? Has Trijicon come out with a new version to address the glare issues? This sight was something I was really excited about when it came out, but have held off in the hopes that they would address the problems noted by so many in a newer version.

Any updates are appreciated.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Yes the newer models have a different lens coating. I like the SRS better than the Aimpoint micro.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    Yes the newer models have a different lens coating. I like the SRS better than the Aimpoint micro.
    Thanks for that. I definitely did not like the of the glare, particularly when it seemed to almost mimic the red dot in some cases, as shown in that article above, or in several of the review videos I have seen. Are you aware of a newer review from a solid source showing the difference between the newer ones with the updated lens coating and the older ones that did not have it?

Thanks again.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Not sure on an updated review. I had 2 of the older model versions. I could only get the "halo" effect when I pointed the rifle/SRS directly at the sun. Since I difnt plan on trying to shoot the sun down I never worried about it . I can get an Aimpoint to do the same thing if I point it at the sun.
    I shot them in the brightest of Florida days without any issue that's both the older and newer versions.
    If Trijicon would drop the price to $600-650 they would sell more of them.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    These were a bust for Trijicon. A fix without a problem. The vendors were strongly hyping them when they were released, but interest has been dying off. Bottom line is that Aimpoint remains the clear choice for a red dot only optic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    These were a bust for Trijicon. A fix without a problem. The vendors were strongly hyping them when they were released, but interest has been dying off. Bottom line is that Aimpoint remains the clear choice for a red dot only optic.
    I don't know about that. If I could get one brand new with absolutely no blooming effect around the same price as an Aimpoint T1 I would be all over it. It looked good to me when I looked through one. The AA battery and recharging by sunlight sound very good to me. But if these blooming effect continues in spite of their attempts and acknowledgements to do so I find it useless. That and trijicon's ridiculous prices....

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast