Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rokkman View Post
    I don't know about that. If I could get one brand new with absolutely no blooming effect around the same price as an Aimpoint T1 I would be all over it. It looked good to me when I looked through one. The AA battery and recharging by sunlight sound very good to me. But if these blooming effect continues in spite of their attempts and acknowledgements to do so I find it useless. That and trijicon's ridiculous prices....
    I agree. I would even pay for it if it functioned well. The larger size is appealing to me as I have not been sold on the smaller Aimpoints, regardless of how many others seem to like them. However, I am certainly not going to pay for, nor put my trust in, something that does not work perfectly. Until such time as I see solid evidence that they have been fixed, there is no way I will buy one.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    "If" is the keyword. Aimpoint doesn't need "if"s after its mention.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    "If" is the keyword. Aimpoint doesn't need "if"s after its mention.
    Agreed, though I would really like to see something from Aimpoint with a larger field of view. Right now, it seems like the optic I want hasn't really been made yet.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    With Aimpoint there is no fov limitation. If one is looking at the target with both eyes open, the case of the Aimpoint doesn't even appear. I used to think this way and did not jump on the Aimpoint Micro's for a while and stuck with the 30mm versions. I was wrong in this assumption and now all rifles wear a T1.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    With Aimpoint there is no fov limitation. If one is looking at the target with both eyes open, the case of the Aimpoint doesn't even appear. I used to think this way and did not jump on the Aimpoint Micro's for a while and stuck with the 30mm versions. I was wrong in this assumption and now all rifles wear a T1.
    I don't shoot that way, but I'm glad it works for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    I don't shoot that way, but I'm glad it works for you.
    Then youre shooting wrong. Theres no real advantage of a rds if youre not shooting with both eyes open.
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71 View Post
    Then youre shooting wrong.
    Perhaps. I was taught to shoot with one eye when I was very young, and taught that way again when I was in the Army. I am willing to give both eyes open a try, but would prefer an optic with a larger field of view regardless. I've been shooting that way for over 35 years, and in a moment of stress, that is likely what I will revert to.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had issues with the seal/gasket around the solar panel coming away? Seems this is a weak point.
    Last edited by Panoptes; 11-30-14 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Not that Ive heard of. The only issue was with the first run with a halo effect in certain light. They fixed that. I had 2 that worked perfect. I thought the glass, and dot were better than my Aimpoints, and the field of view was much better.
    Last edited by cop1211; 11-30-14 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Has anyone purchased one recently? Has the blooming issue with the reticule been solved in the latest production? I had a GEN1 and it was a deal breaker, sold it a few days after. Returned to an aimpoint.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast