Thread: Knights Armament 2-stage trigger opinions?

Feedback Score

Knights Armament 2-stage trigger opinions?

I am looking for advice on this trigger. How does it compare to a 2-stage Gieselle? Has anyone heard good or bad things about this trigger? I am considering it for a 10.5" LMT sbr, that is really just a range toy but I am thinking of using it in some matches. Let me know your thoughts...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    While KAC's 2stage match is one of the very few I would trust besides a GA trigger, Geissele's $125 S2S matches it in feel yet remains in a non adjust design.

While you cannot get a S2S anymore, you can buy a SSA which is still significantly cheaper than a $300 KAC unit.

Unless it's already in your lower, save the money and go with a Geissele unit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    While KAC's 2stage match is one of the very few I would trust besides a GA trigger, Geissele's $125 S2S matches it in feel yet remains in a non adjust design.

While you cannot get a S2S anymore, you can buy a SSA which is still significantly cheaper than a $300 KAC unit.

Unless it's already in your lower, save the money and go with a Geissele unit.
    The Knight has a very good break but a relatively long lock time (you can see how massive/heavy the hammer is). In my limited experience with them (three privately-owned and 400-ish GI ones) we replaced them around 3,500-5,000 rounds, or when a rifle came in for a new barrel.

A Geissele will out-live the rifle it's installed in.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The Knight has a very good break but a relatively long lock time (you can see how massive/heavy the hammer is). In my limited experience with them (three privately-owned and 400-ish GI ones) we replaced them around 3,500-5,000 rounds, or when a rifle came in for a new barrel.

A Geissele will out-live the rifle it's installed in.
    What needed to be replaced on the KAC triggers? The entire unit?
    Sorry for the thread derailment..
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have a couple KACs(came with lowers) and an SSA.
    I'm not a professional, but in my experience they feel about the same. I've also heard the KACs don't have anywhere near the life of the Geissele.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    They are one of the better 2 stages out there but I think Geissele's have a bit cleaner brake. I would not buy a KAC unless it came in a lower or complete rifle from the factory. I got two this way, and I put one in my neighbors gun. The other I put in a spare lower Ill use one day.

My two current KAC guns both have Geissele's in them... a SD-3G and a SD-C. I like the flat trigger face and as mentioned they feel a bit crisper.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Go with a Geissele, they are the very best.