Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLR-1s carbine dependable?

Feedback Score

TLR-1s carbine dependable?

Is the Streamlight TLR-1s a dependable carbine mounted light?

The reason I ask is because I want to lighten my rifle setup. I currently have the Surefire M951 weapon mounted light on my rifle with a quick detach mount, but I the thing weighs a lot! I can feel a noticeable difference when I take off the M951 and put on the TLR-1s that I normally use for my pistol. I like the TLR-1s, but it seems like it would be less durable than the surefire. Has anyone ever run a TLR-1 on a carbine for an extended period of time? Can I rely on it? Is it an ok choice for a rifle mounted light?

And FWIW, I am using my carbine primarily for HD and training classes. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Kyle Defoor is running a TLR-1 on his.

http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010_06_01_archive.html
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had mine mounted on the top rail of one of my rifles for the last thousand rounds or so, so far its held up fine without issue.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Kyle Defoor is running a TLR-1 on his.

http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010_06_01_archive.html
    I think he has moved to the TLR-3 since he's going the lightweight route...but you're right he did at one time.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kest_01 View Post
    I've had mine mounted on the top rail of one of my rifles for the last thousand rounds or so, so far its held up fine without issue.
    Do you run this in conjunction with a fixed rail mounted front sight? How was the sight picture when using irons? I was under the impression that the TLR-1 sits up higher than the X300 and interferes with the sight picure a bit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Do you run this in conjunction with a fixed rail mounted front sight? How was the sight picture when using irons? I was under the impression that the TLR-1 sits up higher than the X300 and interferes with the sight picure a bit.
    Yeah I run it in front of my troy sight, it does sit a little high, ends up being about even with the bottom of the sight post. Hasn't caused me any issues or bothered me when shooting with the irons though.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    I've ran a TLR-1 for the past five years with a tape switch on my Patrol Rifle. Though I'd much rather have an X300, the TLR works great and has not let me down.

Dependable? Absolutely.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies! I will switch out my bulky surefire and give the TLR-1s a try. Maybe in the near future I can get an X300 for it

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    LOL i was just shopping around comparing this to the x400 and wondering if it would be good on a carbine. Awesome timing.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I recently too changed from the G2LED, VTAC mount combo to the TLR-1S. The light is mounted at the 3 o'clock position, activated with support side middle finger.

It works very well
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast