Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fenix TA30 died, dealing with warranty is a nightmare.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    who did you get it from? I only bought from 4Sevens who have supposedly have excellent customer service...

one large reason I don't buy my serious gear from ebay...
    I didn't buy it from Ebay, but I can't find a receipt, box, etc.... I found the small advertisement they put inside the box and that is it. It wasn't a major purchase but I'm still mad I can't find where I bought it from.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've carried 2 P10's or PD10's for over 3 years evryday. Between the 2 I've got maybe $60.00 in them. If one dies I've got my use from them. I'm sorry to hear of your problems with them. I started using them when I went from uniformed to plain clothes work. They were small enough to always have in my pocket and plenty bright. FWIW I've got probably 15 various Surefires between my nightstand, safes, desk drawers, duty belt, pistols and rifles. Even with all of these Surefires I feel like the Fenix has its place and fills a niche not really covered by the more expensive lights. Even with their limitations i believe they offer a good value for the money.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    If you buy from a company that stands behind their products you shouldn't need to worry about the dealer.
    who says everyone on ebay is a dealer? or that the unit you have is not a "grey" market unit. I only buy products from good dealers...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    And I can confirm that it is impossible to get a hold to Fenix
    This is BS.

I can say this because I am in contact with them right now over a Fenix light that I messed up. They answered my emails promptly and have directed me to a US distributor for service.

I have a TK11 that I have been using in my shop. I have used it under a car welding with the light stuck in a large socket so it would point upward. I got a bunch of weld splatter on the glass and messed it up. I also messed up the switch using one of the "prongs" to pop something open. Light still works but would like to fix it if possible and it isn't going to cost a lot of money.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 10-13-11 at 05:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    who says everyone on ebay is a dealer? or that the unit you have is not a "grey" market unit. I only buy products from good dealers...
    Never heard of a "grey" market Surefire, I've heard of knock offs but I've heard of Surefire having a "grey" market (I've only heard that term in consumer electronics). Heck I've never heard of Surefire caring where the light was purchased from, a full half of my Surefires were purchased off of ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    This is BS.

I can say this because I am in contact with them right now over a Fenix light that I messed up. They answered my emails promptly and have directed me to a US distributor for service.
    Good for you, but my experience was the complete opposite. I sent them several emails and never heard back from them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Never heard of a "grey" market Surefire, I've heard of knock offs but I've heard of Surefire having a "grey" market (I've only heard that term in consumer electronics). Heck I've never heard of Surefire caring where the light was purchased from, a full half of my Surefires were purchased off of ebay.

Good for you, but my experience was the complete opposite. I sent them several emails and never heard back from them.
    my quote was in response to the OP. but have you tried to contact your dealer about your light? I know 4 Sevens will take care of warranty issues of lights they have sold immediately...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    I didn't buy it from Ebay, but I can't find a receipt, box, etc.... I found the small advertisement they put inside the box and that is it. It wasn't a major purchase but I'm still mad I can't find where I bought it from.
    For long term warranty issues, purchase your lights through Amazon, they keep your yearly receipts and invoices online for years so you can look them up and print them out.

My Bushnell (American Company) Game Cameras have a two year warranty and have all been back to Bushnell for repairs. Have to wonder how they can make any profit off such a shitty product when 100% of their product has to be returned for warranty repairs???

Good thing I bought them all through Amazon through because I just keep boxing them up and shipping them back to Bushnell for warranty repairs one after the other.....

Feedback Score
    OP, maybe contact 4sevens, they may be able to assist you in some manner. I own a TK11 myself from 4sevens and I love it. Although I have not had to deal with a warantee issue yet. If anything they could give you the correct number to call... Worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    Anyone else have issues with Fenix lights?
    Nope.

Knock wood... mine are great, I've bought several as gifts (62 shopping days left), and I'm about to buy another.

I could go through the dealer but I've bought so much stuff over the last year and a half I have no clue where I got it.
    It's hardly Fenix's fault that you can't keep track of your stuff, or where it came from...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    It's hardly Fenix's fault that you can't keep track of your stuff, or where it came from...
    No, but they could also warranty it the same way that Surefire and most other American brands do, where they don't care where you purchased it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast