Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fenix TA30 died, dealing with warranty is a nightmare.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    I bought a Fenix TA30 awhile back, dealing with the warranty is a nightmare. I will never buy from a non U.S. based company again. No U.S. return address, not going to get my business.

Anyone else have issues with Fenix lights?

I could go through the dealer but I've bought so much stuff over the last year and a half I have no clue where I got it.
    Yup, **** Fenix and their Chinese bullshit.

I got one of the P2Ds and finally got to where I was trusting it as my main EDC, and it shit the bed on me on the side of a road at 0100 in a rainstorm in Texas. I had to hike to a gas station out in El Bum****o to get a piece-of-shit Everready plastic throwaway to SEE to fix the piece-of-shit rental truck.

Not again.

Toys, not tools.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Yup, **** Fenix and their Chinese bullshit.

I got one of the P2Ds and finally got to where I was trusting it as my main EDC, and it shit the bed on me on the side of a road at 0100 in a rainstorm in Texas. I had to hike to a gas station out in El Bum****o to get a piece-of-shit Everready plastic throwaway to SEE to fix the piece-of-shit rental truck.

Not again.

Toys, not tools.
    Huh. I've been carrying a PD20 in my pocket for the last couple years as my primary. I guess it's good my secondary is a Surefire 6P LED in my EDC bag. Lol. It's hard to beat the size/price of the Fenix but I never had illusions it was of the same quality as Surefire. Still that's a bit disappointing. You get what you pay for, I guess.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    No, but they could also warranty it the same way that Surefire and most other American brands do, where they don't care where you purchased it.
    Most electronics companies (and LED flashlights are basically electronics) don't offer an open-ended warranty, and it's hardly unreasonable of Fenix to ask you to go through the dealer from whom you bought the light...

On the contrary, it seems rather unreasonable to me that you can't remember and don't have the records from when/where you bought the flashlight, and now you're demanding that Fenix fix it for free. Just try this with an American brand like Apple or Motorola...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123