Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11-18-07 Steel Challenge @ BH2O

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

11-18-07 Steel Challenge @ BH2O

Well, what a great day weather wise for the match! Not a bad day shooting, started off kind of weak, but I picked it up as time went on. I shot the M&P 9 as did Dinger and Subzero. I ended up using sight black on my sights before match time. Gave a good contrast with the white steel. I guess the Blackwater Shooters site will have the results soon-I hope.

It was a pleasure meeting some of the site faces, although Dinger still looks the same----

We tried getting with the Virginia Arms crew, but the squad would've been to big.

Subzero was showing off his Sharkskin job on his M&P, it looked great! He's going to do one for me, just on the right side and what my strong hand covers in the back for concealed carry-no shirt in the summer.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sounds good and congrats to the M4C - M&P crew!

BTW, how did The Devil shoot?
    Last edited by M4arc; 11-18-07 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The M&P's ran great! Actually, all guns did with the exception of some race guns that we saw on another squad--but that's a whole other story----

The Devil was dealing death to the steel! Right on time---------------, did I say something about time?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Devil said it was a long day and that it was fun being in the same squad as you and subzero.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It was a great time with great weather.
    I snuck (past tense of sneak) a pic of Dinger shooting the 'Smoke and Hope' stage.

It was a lot of fun even though I shot rimfire due to the large cut on my hand.

And this is our Team VA Arms shooters that attended.

Me

Dan

Luis (aka Looey)

Pat (aka Tactical Shooter)

and 9x19 shot her suppressed Tactical Solutions/Ruger with AAC Pilot.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a good time and the weather was perfect. It was really nice to finally get a day off and do some shooting. It was also nice to meet up with Gotm4, mark5pt56, Subzero, and to finally meet 9x19.

The match itself was fun for sure but to be perfectly honest I strongly prefer the monthly matches for some reason.

My M&P performed like a champ, as did every other one I noticed.

GotM4’s picture tells me two things:

(1.) I need to work on rotating my support hand more for the thumbs forward technique – pictures don’t lie. I guess with the added stress of competition I was cheating a bit on my technique and that’s a bad idea. Now that I should be getting more time off to shoot, I can work on it.
    (2.) I need a haircut.

FYI - Having a time of 666 does turn a few heads when the score keeper calls it out. My ex-wives would have been proud.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 11-19-07 at 12:06.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I plan to outfit a Buckmark with the 4" Tactical Innovations upper, compensated with a dot and bring my 10 yo son for the spring one. He would really enjoy it. That'll give me an excuse to get the Micro Dot.

Actually, I have to see what other dots may be better suited for that role.

We had some first time match shooters yesterday. They appeared to have alot of fun at it. I do hope that the couple shooting the .22's purchase better ammunition though!

Dinger, go by Caste Barbershop on PA Rd. & Tiffany--great flat tops!

Mark
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 11-19-07 at 17:43. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Man! I haven't shot a steel match in over a week!

Other than 3-gun, steel matches are about as much fun as you can have shooting. They're also some of the best practice in terms of shooting skills that you can get. You have to learn to balance speed and accuracy based on your own ability level, and you get a good idea of how hard you can push yourself and still get hits.

If anyone hasn't tried steel yet, they should.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I plan to outfit a Buckmark with the 4" Tactical Innovations upper, compensated with a dot and bring my 10 yo son for the spring one. He would really enjoy it. That'll give me an excuse to get the Micro Dot.

Actually, I have to see what other dots may be better suited for that role.

We had some first time match shooters yesterday. They appeared to have alot of fun at it. I do hope that the couple shooting the .22's purchase better ammunition though!

Dinger, go by Caste Barbershop on PA Rd. & Tiffany--great flat tops!

Mark
    Mark,
    The Tactical Solutions barrel for the Buckmark isn't considered a 'firearm' like it is on the Rugers (might be easy to bring home ). And you can get it with a Picatinny railed 'bridge' for the receiver. They're damn light. 9x19 really likes hers on the MKIII 22/45 pistol I bought her last Christmas. With the can mounted and the gun fully loaded it still weighs less than the steel upper it came with. I'd say an Aimpoint H1 or R1 would be great on a Browning. 9x19s is much more accurate with the can mounted for some reason. Looks like a pattern with out it, she shot Remington Thunderbolt.

Rhino,
    I 100% agree. The steel can be humbling if you're not ready for it. Here's my score sheet from yesterday. The 30sec run was when my old MKII Ruger 22/45 jammed up really good on 'Smoke and Hope', it was our last stage and the pistol was getting really dirty. I shot Remington Golden Bullet (the loose stuff in the 525 round packs).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ics/robb-3.jpg

Robb
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I can't get my Ruger 22/45 to run with anything reliably, or else I'd shoot it in steel too. I may sell it and get a Buckmark.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast