Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11-18-07 Steel Challenge @ BH2O

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I can't get my Ruger 22/45 to run with anything reliably, or else I'd shoot it in steel too. I may sell it and get a Buckmark.
    Try a Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor, they cost about $12 and make a WORLD of difference. My Ruger used to be really finicky on ammo......then the stock extractor broke at 7K rounds. It now has over 14K rounds on it (total) and since putting in the Exact Edge at 7K rounds it'll run on any high velocity ammo.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    awesome match.
    It was good shooting with the VA Arms team again, i guess i will try to introduce myself next time to VA dinger and the rest of the guys from M4carbine. I am now living around chesapeake and it would be cool to keep shooting together.
    ACADEMI Firearms, Tactics and Driving Instructor
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT part-time armorer
    certified HK/BUSHMASTER armorer
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Mark,
    The Tactical Solutions barrel for the Buckmark isn't considered a 'firearm' like it is on the Rugers (might be easy to bring home ). And you can get it with a Picatinny railed 'bridge' for the receiver. They're damn light. 9x19 really likes hers on the MKIII 22/45 pistol I bought her last Christmas. With the can mounted and the gun fully loaded it still weighs less than the steel upper it came with. I'd say an Aimpoint H1 or R1 would be great on a Browning. 9x19s is much more accurate with the can mounted for some reason. Looks like a pattern with out it, she shot Remington Thunderbolt.
    Tactical Solutions, how did I get Innovations? 300 clams for the upper, rail and comp. Man, it never ends!

awesome match.
    It was good shooting with the VA Arms team again, i guess i will try to introduce myself next time to VA dinger and the rest of the guys from M4carbine. I am now living around chesapeake and it would be cool to keep shooting together.
    Sounds like a plan!

I 100% agree. The steel can be humbling if you're not ready for it.
    Yeah, speaking of which, my day started with a miss!
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 11-19-07 at 19:22. Reason: qoute
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    The match was great fun! It was great to meet Dinger and see everyone else again.
    John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?" -- Stephen Wright

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Do you have to be "qualified" to shoot??

My New Year resolution is to shoot in comps absolutely for fun....

Thought Blackwater is quite a drive for fun, I am tired of shooting alone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post

Nope, just have to furnish some personal info to the club so they can send it to Blackwater for access. There's a wide range of shooters there for the matches. Go to www.blackwatershooters.com Gotm4 has a link above this thread as well.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Nope, just have to furnish some personal info to the club so they can send it to Blackwater for access. There's a wide range of shooters there for the matches. Go to www.blackwatershooters.com Gotm4 has a link above this thread as well.
    I submitted info earlier this year and never heard back. Is that normal?

(Not that it mattered. I ended up not being available ever single fricken time. )
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    You guys and gal are killing me! I had hoped that I would be back to shoot this match. I guess that I will have to wait until the spring match. I will also be shooting an M&P. I am glad to hear that you are finally getting some trigger time in, Dinger. You have really started sliding down the slippery slope of all work and no play.
    D-port, if you email Terry about your information he will get back to you. He may have just forgotten.
    Shivan, you need to come down and shoot. We need a with an H&K to shoot with. Heck if everyone came down to shoot the same match there would be a full M4-C squad.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If I did my math correctly this is how our group did:

Team VA Arms:
    (Robb) gotm4 = 118.18 (rimfire)
    (Luis) Looey = 122.60 (production)
    Dan = 143.13 (production)
    (Pat) Tactical Shooter = 161.39 (production)

Team VA Arms official photographer:
    (Bonnie) 9x19 = 248.45 (rimfire)

friends:
    (Tim) BigTinVA = 177.20 (production)
    Chad = 156.14 (production)
    Trish = 271.03 (production)
    Alan = 107.26 (open)
    Last edited by Robb Jensen; 11-20-07 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post

No 'qualification' necessary, just email Terry Bailado on the www.blackwatershooters.com website with your information to get on the match announcement list. (BW matches are the 3rd Sunday of every month, there's no Dec match). You can carpool down with us if you want (to save some gas money), we meet up in Fredericksburg. (most of BW matches have either a rifle or shotgun side match which is just 1 stage of typically 30 rounds or less. Our group will all be shooting SBRs for the Jan 08 side match).

Same deal with Fredericksburg USPSA (starts back up in March 08 weather permitting) for that one email Tino at bad320(AT)aol.com to get on the announcement list (matches are the 1st Sunday of the month).

PM for more info on North Mountain (Strasburg VA) USPSA and York PA USPSA both excellent matches (currently both are the 2nd Sunday of the month).

I will have to warn you, shooting competition is addicting and makes shooting at still targets on a square range boring as hell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast