Thread: I have the system...now what?

Feedback Score

I have the system...now what?

What I am trying to say is that, "why" do I really want a SPR in 5.56 and not a 7.62 or other larger caliber SPR system? What is the best ammo to use to get the best accuracy...and is it worth it.

I can guess the obvious, but there are people on this page that really live this wpn...I am asking you guys.

I would really appreciate the guidance.

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What are you going to do with it?....plink steel and target shoot, hunt 2 or 4 legged creatures, etc.

How far do you plan on shooting it?

Are you a reloader, or do you buy commercially avail. ammo?

In a military world, a 5.56 LP(light precision) rifle like the MK 12s allow you to carry more ammo/mags and maintain commonality with the M4 platform in case you need to borrow additional ammo, mags, spare parts like a bolt, etc. Generally speaking the 5.56 rifles have a much better track record for reliability in the field as well but the MWS and EMC are certainly changing that as we speak.

A 7.62 is a lot harder to "drive" than a 5.56 in a precision capacity.

You need to use a narrower brush my friend
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 10-13-11 at 08:49.

Feedback Score
    5.56 is a lot cheaper...all the way around. If money is no object go 7.62
    Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my gun. And Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Feedback Score
    use.......'bout the same reason that I have any of my other rifles. I don't hunt animals, so I guess it would be to have a system that is capable of hitting "a target" at greater distances then the other smaller barreled systems that I have.

With keeping in the same ammo, I would have the ability to have more versatility with my systems.

Is there a optimal round to use in the SPR Application?

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Most people will tell you super duper MK 262 from black hills is the best pill for MK 12 types, I partly agree however it's generally a waste if you don't intend to shoot past 600yd +