Thread: Montana Gold Bullets

Feedback Score

Montana Gold Bullets

Well I've accumulated enough 9mm brass to get started reloading for my BHP and Glock 17. Montana gold seems to offer good prices for 115 and 124 gr FMJs. My research on error net indicates that at least some users were experiencing concentricity issues. I have seen no recent complaints. Should I interpret this to mean the problem was fixed? If you have any compably priced (or better) reliable sources of 9mm FMJ please let me know.
    Semper Paratus
    (Always Prepared)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you don't want to shoot plated bullets, Montanas are fine.

I run BerrysMfg plated in my G17 with no issues. But I load Montanas in 45acp for Pappabear.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We've shot thousands of M-Gold. No issues. People always ask about accuracy. I usually am doing tactical, moving and shooting etc, so a 1 inch group or a 3 inch group don't matter too much for PRACTICE on steal plates. Might be shouting 1 inch, but I'll never know or care.

Montana Gold has been good to me.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We've shot thousands of M-Gold. No issues. People always ask about accuracy. I usually am doing tactical, moving and shooting etc, so a 1 inch group or a 3 inch group don't matter too much for PRACTICE on steal plates. Might be shouting 1 inch, but I'll never know or care.

Montana Gold has been good to me.
    My experiences echos that of Pappabear. I've shot at least 3000 of the 124gr RN without incident.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    A while back, I switched from Berrry's 135 gr. Plated flat points to Rainer's 165 Gr. Jacketed Hollow Point, and saw an improvement in accuracy.
    Berry's Hollow points will not expand, Rainier will. Montana Gold looks like it will, but I haven't tested yet.
    Just got a full order of Montana Gold 155 JHP. Initial testing is good. Good accuracy like the Rainier. 180gr JHP might be preferred for competition and easier path to Major. I've got to go a little over the published max to make Major in the 155.
    Last edited by Ando; 10-18-11 at 01:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have reloaded over 10k off the 115 gr FMJ with no issues. Just finished the last batch of 5K and getting ready to reorder. I reload for tactical training and for my purpose they have been great in both Glocks and M&Ps. HTH

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been shooting 124g JHP's most recently with zero issues and great accuracy out of my MP9. Also have shot probably 5k+ 115g FMJ's with no issues. Shot a bunch of 230g .45 as well and a metric ton of 55g .224 with no issues. If I am not loading cast lead or a specialty bullet, I only use MG.