Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Example of my cheat sheet / dope chart...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Example of my cheat sheet / dope chart...

Perhaps it will help someone in constructing their own.

Just wanted to share an example document of my sheet. It is an Excel file ZIPPED and attached to this post.

For the example I've used standard atmospheric conditions for simplicity's sake. I have variants of this dope sheet for varying weather conditions.

The upper portion is a standard dope chart created with the "Shooter" program for Android and verified in "real life." I use only MIL/MIL optics so that is how I have the chart configured. I also have drop and drift measured in inches displayed just for GP's.

The bottom portion is a collection of formulas / conversions that come in handy from time to time.

If you would like help in creating a similar chart for your particular setup, let me know and I can guide you through it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    *trying to open it*

Do you take a laptop with you to the range?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    *trying to open it*

Do you take a laptop with you to the range?
    Nope. You can print it out and waterproof it, put it in a book, acetate it to your buttstock, etc. Whatever floats your boat. Also, the software used to generate the data is Android based, so I have it on my phone. The battery lasts only a few hours and the device doesn't come with me overseas, hence the printouts.
    Last edited by a0cake; 10-14-11 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    Nope. You can print it out and waterproof it, put it in a book, acetate it to your buttstock, etc. Whatever floats your boat. Also, the software used to generate the data is Android based, so I have it on my phone. The battery lasts only a few hours and the device doesn't come with me overseas, hence the printouts.
    Good idea. Though I saw a while back that KAC had an Ipod mount for your AR accessory rail. That might work too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah, we have those for the 110's. Kind of cool in a novelty kind of way, but they don't make the cut as far as fitting into operational use. Amazing how far smartphone technology has come.

Feedback Score
    Good dope, out of curiosity what kind of barrel is it? I'm going to steal this and edit the fields for my data, beats my 3x5 card. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by roymorrison View Post
    Good dope, out of curiosity what kind of barrel is it? I'm going to steal this and edit the fields for my data, beats my 3x5 card. Thanks.
    It's a BCM SS410 barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    It's a BCM SS410 barrel.
    Haha I knew it, my data is almost identical as I'm using the same barrel. You're obviously shooting 77 gr SMK's, what manufacturer if you don't mind my asking? Also, is your avatar the LRS unit symbol?
    Last edited by roymorrison; 10-24-11 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Black Hills .223 loads. The 5.56 options are a bit hotter but won't group as well for me. I'll sacrifice velocity for accuracy every time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast