Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHTF traffic discouragement

Feedback Score

SHTF traffic discouragement

Do you have plans for reducing or eliminating traffic to your AO in the event of SHTF? For example, placing logs across the road or disassembling a bridge.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can do something as simple as dropping a few trees across the road at a choke point but it also limits your escape routes should you need to BUG out from a threat coming from another direction.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Claymores and a few .50 cals........just joking.

I have thought about this and I think one of the best lo-viz ways would be to use "road stars" on a chain. Easy to make and easy to transport. You can also deploy them fast and it does not have to be a permeate item in the road.

I also found this link:

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/10/...re_how_to.html

edited to fix link.
    Last edited by docsherm; 10-23-11 at 08:05.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    "road stars" on a chain.

Are you referring to caltrops? I never thought to put them on a chain. Coils of barb and razor wire will tangle an axle. Saw that on a PMC reality tv show where a guy was helping gov.s in Africa.

Feedback Score
    Felling trees would be a very good way to stop them, the link to survivalblog had some very good recommendations too.
    Maybe making HESCO's could work, quick and dirty solution.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    lucky for me, there are 2 county bridges on my road, one 100ft from my drive way, and the other about a 1/4 mile up the road. Both are just big ass culvert pipe bridges that can be brought down easily. Then we have 2 private bridges across on our property at different spots across a fairly wide and deep creek bed that we could take down as well. That would keep 90% of the trouble out.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have the trees all picked out but that dose not stop anyone from comming on foot
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    I have the trees all picked out but that dose not stop anyone from comming on foot
    Concertina wire and a suppressed rifle.
    Deadfalls built into your barriers, funnel the approaching baddies' via tripwires and heavy vegetation, etc.
    Just stopping vehicle approach will likely ward off the majority of threats. Some concertina wire will trim away another chunk of them. further fortification will only enhance your chances of being left alone.
    Last edited by Kfgk14; 10-23-11 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    There are some interesting articles/guides out there about "Defensive Landscaping". The link below is a bit of an overview but if you look there's more detailed information out there.

http://zombiehunters.org/wiki/index....ve_Landscaping

*Despite being affiliated with a zombie site which I have never been to so I can't judge, it's actually written for property defense in general and not geared toward keeping the living dead out of your yard

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zpo View Post
    Are you referring to caltrops? I never thought to put them on a chain. Coils of barb and razor wire will tangle an axle. Saw that on a PMC reality tv show where a guy was helping gov.s in Africa.
    I guess that is another name. These here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Road-Sta.../dp/B005T8HMVI

http://www.truckntow.com/pc-10885-14...05-mm-316.aspx

Get some links of chain and some quick links and you can customize to the area that you want. It is east to employ and it can be moved around. All together it will cost about $100 for several good sections. You can either stake them down or secure them to a tree/ pole.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast