Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SHTF traffic discouragement

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zpo View Post
    Graboids! We'll name them Graboids!
    duh, I knew that.... now to redeem myself I must stay up all night and watch all 4 of them.... ASS BLASTERS!
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score

Alternative approach?

Make the intruder want to stay away and leave your infected stuff alone.

Post your road/driveway with warning tape (red or yellow "Danger", like they sell at Home Depot) and put 'quarantine', 'biohazard', 'restricted area', or 'entry by authorized persons only' signs naming some horrible, very communicable disease that doesn't have obvious physical symptoms you have to mimic (MENINGOCOCCAL disease? Typhus? Smallpox? H1N1? Scarlet Fever? suggestions for other good candidates?). Add realism to your signs by lifting the local state/county health department symbol off their web site. Hang the signs on the red tape and put them on the outside of every door of occupied buildings. Spray paint symbols on the side of the building like the search teams used after Katrina.
    Last edited by howardbl; 10-28-11 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    duh, I knew that.... now to redeem myself I must stay up all night and watch all 4 of them.... ASS BLASTERS!
    I could take the first 2... but why were they back in time in #4.... I can't it man... I can't take it

Quote Originally Posted by howardbl View Post
    Make the intruder want to stay away and leave your infected stuff alone.

Post your road/driveway with warning tape (red or yellow "Danger", like they sell at Home Depot) and put biohazard signs naming some horrible, very communicable disease that doesn't have obvious physical symptoms you have to mimic (MENINGOCOCCAL disease? suggestions for other good candidates?). Add realism to your signs by lifting the local state/county health department symbol off their web site. Hang the signs on the red tape and put them on the outside of every door of occupied buildings. Spray paint symbols on the side of the building like the search teams used after Katrina.
    That's actually probably one of the best approaches I've heard. Try to make the area look as if they are much better off staying away... touche` Mr. Salesman
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 10-27-11 at 08:12.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score

Search markings

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbl View Post
    very good info to keep on hand, thanks for it!
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123