Thread: Essentials for survival on a budget

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Essentials for survival on a budget

I didn't see a list for this, but can we go through and list what we think are good buys (value wise) for at home and mobile survival kits? I'm not well versed and will be taking all the advice to heart, but I'm looking for maybe a starter kit for the car, and a starter kit for the home and what to add from there on to make it more complete.

So far I have first aid, flint/fire starters, blood clot patches, a light blanket, flashlight, flares, and exacto knife for mobile. For the home, I have everything in the mobile plus a quick water purifier/iodine tablets, MRE's, and that's about it.

Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneinhisroom View Post
    I didn't see a list for this, but can we go through and list what we think are good buys (value wise) for at home and mobile survival kits? I'm not well versed and will be taking all the advice to heart, but I'm looking for maybe a starter kit for the car, and a starter kit for the home and what to add from there on to make it more complete.

So far I have first aid, flint/fire starters, blood clot patches, a light blanket, flashlight, flares, and exacto knife for mobile. For the home, I have everything in the mobile plus a quick water purifier/iodine tablets, MRE's, and that's about it.

Suggestions?
    Just buy more of what you normally use.

Costco & Sams both run specials on:
    Bulk bottled water
    Bulk Toilet Paper
    Bulk Baby Wipes
    Bulk dried beans

Not really that hard to plan for 4 weeks...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks. I guess I'm looking for any good packages to buy online that has almost everything one needs. Or is it better to just slowly build up?

Feedback Score
    Read the first Sticky in this section.

Lots of good info.