Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 7 of 26

Thread: SCAR CQC barrel length?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    905
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    SCAR CQC barrel length?

    Okay, I got my scar barrel back from Marvin a few weeks ago cut down to 10" (factory CQC length correct?) Now this question is not based on anything but a few pictures I've seen, not solid evidence. Now I'm happy with it but it still looks like it's a half inch to long. Reason I say this is there's still a half inch of barrel behind my flash hider, where as the mk16 barrels I've seen the flash hider is basically right up against the gas block maybe 1/8" of shoulder. So is the real mk16 really 10" or more like 9.5"? Anyone know?
    FFL/SOT

    Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    805
    Feedback Score
    0
    The factory CQC is a 10" bbl, but that is measured to the end of the threads, so the barrel's shoulder (where the FH bottoms out) is at about 9.5".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    159
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Okay, I got my scar barrel back from Marvin a few weeks ago cut down to 10" (factory CQC length correct?) Now this question is not based on anything but a few pictures I've seen, not solid evidence. Now I'm happy with it but it still looks like it's a half inch to long. Reason I say this is there's still a half inch of barrel behind my flash hider, where as the mk16 barrels I've seen the flash hider is basically right up against the gas block maybe 1/8" of shoulder. So is the real mk16 really 10" or more like 9.5"? Anyone know?
    Totally unrelated but was curious about a few things... I have a 16S that I would like to SBR and would like to know the following:

    How much $$$ is the barrel chop?
    I intend to run the rifle un-suppressed mostly, does Marvin adjust the gas port so that the rifle runs reliably at that length or did you have somebody else do it for you?
    What was the turnaround time?

    Thanks,
    JC

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    905
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    The factory CQC is a 10" bbl, but that is measured to the end of the threads, so the barrel's shoulder (where the FH bottoms out) is at about 9.5".
    Now this statment is made with the fact that i am happy with marvins work, it is top notch job. That being said I did want it to at least look like the mk16 barrel and it does not due to the extra 1/2" behind the flash hider. Knowing this cutting the 16s barrel to 10" is incorrect? To get a real mk16 copy it needs to be 9.5" right? Marvins price was in the $150 range and 6 week turn around, good work as well....
    FFL/SOT

    Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    159
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Now this statment is made with the fact that i am happy with marvins work, it is top notch job. That being said I did want it to at least look like the mk16 barrel and it does not due to the extra 1/2" behind the flash hider. Knowing this cutting the 16s barrel to 10" is incorrect? To get a real mk16 copy it needs to be 9.5" right? Marvins price was in the $150 range and 6 week turn around, good work as well....
    Thanks for the info... I will contact Marvin and get my barrel sent to him for the chop.

    JC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    905
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    He did a great job, regardless of my 1/2" questions. Im glad i chopped up my expensive FN barrel.....
    FFL/SOT

    Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    159
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    He did a great job, regardless of my 1/2" questions. Im glad i chopped up my expensive FN barrel.....
    I can trade you my unmolested barrel for your 1/2" too long barrel and you can have it done to your desired 9.5" length if you want to try that...

    Thanks for the info...
    JC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •