Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCAR CQC barrel length?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

SCAR CQC barrel length?

Okay, I got my scar barrel back from Marvin a few weeks ago cut down to 10" (factory CQC length correct?) Now this question is not based on anything but a few pictures I've seen, not solid evidence. Now I'm happy with it but it still looks like it's a half inch to long. Reason I say this is there's still a half inch of barrel behind my flash hider, where as the mk16 barrels I've seen the flash hider is basically right up against the gas block maybe 1/8" of shoulder. So is the real mk16 really 10" or more like 9.5"? Anyone know?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    The factory CQC is a 10" bbl, but that is measured to the end of the threads, so the barrel's shoulder (where the FH bottoms out) is at about 9.5".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Okay, I got my scar barrel back from Marvin a few weeks ago cut down to 10" (factory CQC length correct?) Now this question is not based on anything but a few pictures I've seen, not solid evidence. Now I'm happy with it but it still looks like it's a half inch to long. Reason I say this is there's still a half inch of barrel behind my flash hider, where as the mk16 barrels I've seen the flash hider is basically right up against the gas block maybe 1/8" of shoulder. So is the real mk16 really 10" or more like 9.5"? Anyone know?
    Totally unrelated but was curious about a few things... I have a 16S that I would like to SBR and would like to know the following:

How much $$$ is the barrel chop?
    I intend to run the rifle un-suppressed mostly, does Marvin adjust the gas port so that the rifle runs reliably at that length or did you have somebody else do it for you?
    What was the turnaround time?

Thanks,
    JC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    The factory CQC is a 10" bbl, but that is measured to the end of the threads, so the barrel's shoulder (where the FH bottoms out) is at about 9.5".
    Now this statment is made with the fact that i am happy with marvins work, it is top notch job. That being said I did want it to at least look like the mk16 barrel and it does not due to the extra 1/2" behind the flash hider. Knowing this cutting the 16s barrel to 10" is incorrect? To get a real mk16 copy it needs to be 9.5" right? Marvins price was in the $150 range and 6 week turn around, good work as well....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

Now this statment is made with the fact that i am happy with marvins work, it is top notch job. That being said I did want it to at least look like the mk16 barrel and it does not due to the extra 1/2" behind the flash hider. Knowing this cutting the 16s barrel to 10" is incorrect? To get a real mk16 copy it needs to be 9.5" right? Marvins price was in the $150 range and 6 week turn around, good work as well....
    Thanks for the info... I will contact Marvin and get my barrel sent to him for the chop.

JC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    He did a great job, regardless of my 1/2" questions. Im glad i chopped up my expensive FN barrel.....
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

He did a great job, regardless of my 1/2" questions. Im glad i chopped up my expensive FN barrel.....
    I can trade you my unmolested barrel for your 1/2" too long barrel and you can have it done to your desired 9.5" length if you want to try that...

Thanks for the info...
    JC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bump!
    I havent got the "the only guys who know wont post" comment yet so I would really like to get this cleared, seeing how many of us scar owners SBRed their barrels....
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bump!
    I havent got the "the only guys who know wont post" comment yet so I would really like to get this cleared, seeing how many of us scar owners SBRed their barrels....
    My Barrel came back last week. I has asked for 10" and have not bothered to measure it but suffice it to say it is short enough. Marvin is a busy guy and it was exactly 6 weeks to the day I sent it to him that I had it back. The work is flawless and well worth the wait. The rifle shoots great, required minimal re-zero'ing, and now I await my form 4 (going on 3 months now) for my suppressor.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    He does good work but this has nothing to do with my question and or thread. Im asking industry experts about the real measured length of the MK16 cqc barrel (and some one told me that part). So that way guys who want a tru to spec copy can get it. As i said, 10" barrel leaves a noticable gap between the flash hider and gas block. The mk16 does not have this, so i guess the barrels will have to be cut to 9.5" to get the mk16 overall length? How would smiths cut the 16s barrel to match the mk16 barrel? Im asking SCAR experts for help not bashing or asking others to defend marvins work. He did a great job, it just doesnt look like a mk16 barrel........
    FFL/SOT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast