Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCAR CQC barrel length?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    He does good work but this has nothing to do with my question and or thread. Im asking industry experts about the real measured length of the MK16 cqc barrel (and some one told me that part). So that way guys who want a tru to spec copy can get it. As i said, 10" barrel leaves a noticable gap between the flash hider and gas block. The mk16 does not have this, so i guess the barrels will have to be cut to 9.5" to get the mk16 overall length? How would smiths cut the 16s barrel to match the mk16 barrel? Im asking SCAR experts for help not bashing or asking others to defend marvins work. He did a great job, it just doesnt look like a mk16 barrel........
    Are you using the AAC 51t Blackout? It would help if we could see what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-28-11 at 10:38.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    He does good work but this has nothing to do with my question and or thread. Im asking industry experts about the real measured length of the MK16 cqc barrel (and some one told me that part). So that way guys who want a tru to spec copy can get it. As i said, 10" barrel leaves a noticable gap between the flash hider and gas block. The mk16 does not have this, so i guess the barrels will have to be cut to 9.5" to get the mk16 overall length? How would smiths cut the 16s barrel to match the mk16 barrel? Im asking SCAR experts for help not bashing or asking others to defend marvins work. He did a great job, it just doesnt look like a mk16 barrel........
    Looking at the bbl on the MK16 CQC on FN's website:
    http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/f...20&mid=FNM0110

There's a slight gap between the gasblock and the back of the FH, even with a AAC Blackout.

It also says the bbl length is 10".

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah there is a gap but mine is more, im using an AAC blackout not the mount version just flash hider. I cant find it but theres a few pictures floating around of a mk16 barrel on a bench without the flash hider and yopu can see how close the threads get the gas block. As is said its not a big deal but if done why not done right? Might as well cut it the the exact same dimensions as the mk16 right? I would love to get a mk16 to compare to my 16s. Does FN measure their barrel from a different point?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yeah there is a gap but mine is more, im using an AAC blackout not the mount version just flash hider. I cant find it but theres a few pictures floating around of a mk16 barrel on a bench without the flash hider and yopu can see how close the threads get the gas block. As is said its not a big deal but if done why not done right? Might as well cut it the the exact same dimensions as the mk16 right? I would love to get a mk16 to compare to my 16s. Does FN measure their barrel from a different point?
    Again, pictures would help. You understand that the suppressor mount recesses over the barrel right? Creating a smaller "gap"?

http://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.ph...&productId=384

Looks like 1/2" to me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah I know mount has bit of an overlap, I wasthinking that might be it. I can't find the pictures, there's two the clearly show the mk16 barrel and the threads end right ate the shoulder were the barrel diameter starts to increase. There was maybe 1/8" of large diameter barrel past the block, then threads. Maybe these were pre production R&D/T/E parts? Any pics of current issued barrels?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Okay, i found a few pictures but nit the ones I wanted. Im starting to think maybe the barrel picture I saw was a prototype barrel. It was had a huge profile under the rail (like 1" big) and the threads I know for sure were much closer than 1/2". Any way noit really a big deal but Im still wanitng to know the exact mk16 barrel specs. Heres some pictures of mine and others....
    Mine:

mk16 pics:

They look pretty close but we cant base fact off some pictures....
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    If you put an AAC suppressor mount on your barrel, it will look exactly like the pictures.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    If you put an AAC suppressor mount on your barrel, it will look exactly like the pictures.
    That's why the more I think aboutcit the more I think the barrel I'm thinking of is not the production barrel. I remember thinking that that barrel did not leave much room between the muzzle and gas port. At the same time there would be no way to fit a flag hider mount that had a back side offset on it either. I still want to examine a mk16....
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Here's another pic of a fellow member here. He had Marvin fo his barrel as well, AAC black out mount.....
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Here's the CQC Marvin did for me. To be honest, I never even dropped a rod in it to see exactly how long it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast