Thread: "MIL-SPEC" accuracy...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"MIL-SPEC" accuracy...

Hey guys, I just wanted to post an example of what a MIL-SPEC rifle can do with standard M855 ammunition. The AR is a bone stock Colt 6920 w/ Aimpoint M4. Ammunition is Israeli Military Industries M855. Earlier today I went to an indoor range to really see what the accuracy potential is for a few of my AR's with the ammunition I usually run in them.

I ran the target out to 100 yards.

As I was sitting there waiting for the target to make its way down the range, a guy came up and asked why I was trying to shoot paper at 100 yards with an AR and a 1X optic (Aimpoint). I said "what do you mean?" His response went something like this: You can barely see what you're aiming at and even if you could you won't print anything but a shotgun pattern at that range with that rifle / ammo. I said "okay, let's see."

10 shots and a few minutes later the target carrier brought this back:

That's 10 shots at around 1.5 MOA with a chrome lined barrel, Aimpoint, and M855.

After the guy gazed at the target for a few minutes, he started getting really interested in AR's (He was shooting a Remington 700 in a hunting configuration). He begrudgingly admitted that he would be hard pressed to shoot the same group with his bolt action. Another convert to the "dark side."

Let this go to show that if you do your part, a standard AR in this configuration can and will perform...so long as the driver does his part.
    Last edited by a0cake; 10-26-11 at 18:41.