Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: suppressed 7.5" AR...

Feedback Score

suppressed 7.5" AR...

thinking of putting one together in the near future, just for shits and gigs really.

anyone here have one that could post picts/specs and/or input about how you like or dislike it?
    The will to win is common; the will to train to win is much more rare.

Feedback Score
    I have shot a buddies 7.5" rock river and it was a joke honestly. We couldn't hit much past 50 yards accurately. Others may have different experiences but mine was not good. There's also like zero hand-guard which was a problem for me. I just never felt comfortable shooting it. YMMV...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    If you use a 7.5'' AR, you're an idiot.

If you put a $1000+ quality suppressor on that 7.5'' AR and void the warranty, ruin the suppressor, and get little/no sound reduction, you're a ****ing retard.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post

If you put a $1000+ quality suppressor on that 7.5'' AR and void the warranty, ruin the suppressor, and get little/no sound reduction, you're a ****ing retard.
    Not to mention they are ****ing RIDICULOUS loud
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I was resisting posting this myself earlier. But the fact is... you're correct.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Wow, sounds an awful lot like another forum around here.

I've got an LWRC PSD in 5.56 and I shoot it with a can quite a bit.

I can ****ING drill MGM BC zone steel at 100 all ****ing day. I don't mean laying in the prone slow fire, I mean burn shit down shooting.

I check the can for baffle strikes after shooting and nothing so far. I've had the combo for a couple years. Proper installation of the adapter is key. I've also had ZERO malfunctions out of the gun, multiple ammo brands.

As for why? Because a completely assembled AR fits in a shoulder bag, and I can carry that bitch anywhere, including on my bike.

Also for the why?? Because I ****ing can. Because it's cool.

It's funny when I hear people talking about worthless guns and ammo combos. Anyone want to go stand down range of me?? It might not be the best solution for terminal ballistics but it does offer other advantages. Again, the name of the platform is a PSD.

As for the can warranty, you're right, it could void it. So does half the shit I do to my cars and bikes. I weigh the risk versus reward and make decisions accordingly.
    I'm not picking a fight, but damn, the guy just asked a question. He already stated his intended purpose. I'm sure more experts will chime in and be more polite than the rest of us.
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zushwa View Post
    Wow, sounds an awful lot like another forum around here.
    been that way for quite some time, unfortunately.

I have no love for, nor interest in, the 7.5" ARs personally, largely because I have seen several people have problems getting them to run well, but this thread went to shit quickly and considering the source of that shit it's even more pathetic.
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-11-11 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zushwa View Post
    Also for the why?? Because I ****ing can. Because it's cool.
    That's fine. It's just a set up that's robbing the cartridge.

Anyone want to go stand down range of me??
    No one wants to go down range of a pellet gun either. That logic doesn't justify the silly set up.

7.5 is a great compact package... but it's time to switch to a Sub gun if that's the weapon size you need.. in my opinion anyway.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you want to go with a super short (such as 8" upper) I would suggest a Noveske 300 Blackout SBR. It will be very quiet and the suppressor will be just fine.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast