Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finished fighting carbine + stippling!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent use of quality parts.

1) BAD Lever, ditch it or LocTite the shit out of it... it's just another part that can come lose... or prevent your bolt from locking back on an empty mag (IMHO, I would ditch it).

2)Nothing wrong with the LMT Enhanced bolt, but I would buy an extra extractor for it as I believe they are still not the mil-spec type.

3)I have the same PWS FSC556 comp on an SPR-type setup. These things are insanely loud and I would not want it on a primary home defense gun. I have found A2 and YHM Phantom 5C2 reduce the most flash for the money (the 5C2 is amazing at reducing flash).

4)Do like IG mentioned and get an H Buffer.

5) Take the dust cover off the P-Mag, it makes the "mag-supported prone" position unstable on flat surfaces. If you get down on your kitchen/garage floor in the prone and you will see what I mean.

Overall I think you have a great setup. I also just built a gun with a BCM BFH upper and LMT lower. I have this same upper on my wish list.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 11-09-11 at 23:18. Reason: Add #5
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice, can you describe how you did the stippling?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beautiful work on those M&Ps.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Nice, almost Identical to the one I built.

BCM 16" Mid-Length BFH LW Upper
    Battle Comp
    BCM Mod4 CH
    Troy Fixed Rear Sight
    Aimpoint T1 on Larue LT660 Tall (got rid of the Eotech)
    LMT Lower with Geissele SSA-E
    Magpul ASAP

I might upgrade the HG with a Larue as it is to wobbly for my taste.
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 11-15-11 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Looks like you did some modding on the m&ps trigger guard for a higher grip. Can I ask what tool you used? I have such plans for mine.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great looking rifle man. The stippling, while a fairly new concept to me, seems to be a very interesting way to go. Your M&Ps also look real nice, the stippling job on those is superb. It gives them a really professional, yet rugged look to them.
    Last edited by yugotprblms; 11-15-11 at 22:36. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    Nice nice nice Love the Smiths Now I am looking at a Micro..

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the compliments. Just received my Impact Weapons Components sling mounts today so I can get rid of that mess that's on there now.

On the stippling, I just used a soldering iron, ground the tip to more of a point, and tried to make it look as factory as possible. I just took it slow and steady, but you'd be surprised how quickly I did 3 m&p's and my AR. I did them all within a couple of hours and that's including lots of thinking time and practice in between guns.

As for the trigger guard, I really didn't take much material off; I just didn't like the factory stippling in that area. I felt like it was rubbing a blister on my middle finger when I was doing repeated mag changes so I just took a dremel with a round sanding head like this one: http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessor...l.aspx?pid=407 and removed it, which really feels good IMO.
    "Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valor, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar"! - Winston Churchill,1940

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle, I went a similar route but I have a RRA lower (sold the upper at a GS). The BCM Mid LW is very nice, I like it. I am thinking a Larue 1/3 mount for an Aimpoint. I like the 1/3 mount. The BCM upper runs great, my range sessions usually run 600-700 rounds at a time and there has never been a hickup.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Looks like you did some modding on the m&ps trigger guard for a higher grip. Can I ask what tool you used? I have such plans for mine.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81285
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12