Thread: POF Upper and CMMG @@ Conversion Kit

Feedback Score

POF Upper and CMMG @@ Conversion Kit

BLUF: Is anyone running/ran and can speak first hand on a CMMG Evo and POF upper combo? I done a LOT of research and don't see an issue, but knowing my luck...

I've seemingly done every conceivable search combination but yielded nothing on M4C and the net in general; if it's there somewhere you are smarter than I (doesn't say much so don't get too happy). I wrote CMMG, and as helpful as they were, they couldn't provide a definitive answer on POF's. Never heard back from POF yet.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As long as the piston clears the cut out on the CMMG Evolution bolt, you should be good.
    From the CMMG site

Note: Compatible with any 5.56 NATO chambered AR15, including Gas Piston Systems where the piston enters the receiver no more than 1 and 7/8 inch . Only for use in 5.56 NATO chambered AR-15 rifles.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Appreciate it. I'm going to contact POF again and see if they can provide a definitive answer. I'm 90% confident they will be compatible but without a solid answer I'm still faced with the residual 10% issue of "if one damages the the other who is held liable, or am I assed out". Seems like a simple question but I'm still left staring at the screen.

The below are two replies from CMMG:

28 Oct 2011
    "We've not tested compatibility with POF systems. Have they been able to give you feedback concerning their design?
    Best regards
    CMMG, Inc"

--------------------------
    31 Oct 2011
    "We've made our .22 Conversion kits with a relief cut for piston rod. However, there are different styles of piston; some are short stroke and some are installed on the carrier. I'm not familiar enough with POF's piston design to give a determination of compatibility.
    Best regards
    CMMG, Inc"

I take it no one has any first hand knowledge on this combo?

Feedback Score
    I just had an epiphany.......do the 22 conversion kits operate on simply blow-back?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's affirmative.

Feedback Score
    That answers everything. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep, it's a blow back system.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Ya, for whatever reason I was hung up on the fact that the op-rod had to make contact to cycle; hence the compatibility question. Problem solved.