Page 196 of 210 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post
    I noticed that my BTF occurs during the last round in the magazine. Received a facial burn and a neck burn from BTF. Tried swapping in a lone-wolf extractor, but that exacerbated the problem.

Anyone know any known-good extractors with Loaded Chamber Indicator?
    Why do you want one ? The LCI's seem to be causing the issues

Feedback Score

eratic ejection

Hi folks, well I have bit the bullet and bought a gen4 mod 19 , actually bought it about two months ago, only have about 400 rounds thru it. so far no problems [200 rounds fed red box and 200 rounds reloads appx 100 each 124 gn and 147gn, at upper mid range loads]. This pistol was test fired 27 March 13 has the 30274 ejector and 0-3-4 rsa, VBB series. Anyway I've really gotten the bug for a gen4 - 21 has anyone had or heard of any of the btf,fte,or any of the problems that have been found in the 9mm and 40 series of glocks, thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have two gen 3 17's and one gen 3 26 and havent had an issue with any of them and have thousands of rounds through them.
    I bought gen 3 to avoid the issues that were posted with the gen 4's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I have two gen 3 17's and one gen 3 26 and havent had an issue with any of them and have thousands of rounds through them.
    I bought gen 3 to avoid the issues that were posted with the gen 4's.
    Gen 3's are not exempt from issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I realise that, but at the time I was buying the issues were limmited to the gen 4's; at least that was all I was reading about.
    I studied everything available at the time and thats exactly why I went gen 3.
    I have shot the heck out of these guns and I perhaps was either on it at the right time or lucky.
    One of those 17's is my IDPA pistol and I have no idea anymore waht the round count on it is, but it must be about or near 7K at this point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I realise that, but at the time I was buying the issues were limmited to the gen 4's; at least that was all I was reading about.
    I studied everything available at the time and thats exactly why I went gen 3.
    I have shot the heck out of these guns and I perhaps was either on it at the right time or lucky.
    One of those 17's is my IDPA pistol and I have no idea anymore waht the round count on it is, but it must be about or near 7K at this point.
    You've been fortunate. Like you I had a Gen3 19 & 26 that ran like a champ with about 6K combined through them and bought another G3 19 manufactured spring 2012 and it ejected brass like a popcorn machine in every direction. Apex and the Gen4 ejector got it straightened out but clearly shows than the Gen you choose doesn't clear you of issues.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

2.1K rounds through g17 gen4 and brass to face begins

I reached the 2k round count on a glock 17 gen 4 manufactured feb 2013 and have been noticing brass beginning to eject in a creeping fashion toward the 5 oclock in last 300 or so rounds. From 1.9k-2.1k rounds fired I got 8 brass pinged off my face/forehead. Ammo is aguila I fmj 124gr from shot 1-2.1k with about 200 rounds of Federal HST 124gr +p. No HST brass to face.
    I borrowed an apex upgrade extractor from a co-worker and will run about 300-500 rounds tomorrow. We shall see.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I installed the Apex FRE on my Gen4 G19, along with their spring and the bearing they recommended on the website. I also have the 30274 ejector in the gun. My gun is a 6/13 production so it's brand new. I put 150 rounds through it today and had strong ejection - no brass trickling out over my weapon hand. However I did have some BTF. To be honest, this doesn't really bother me all that much. As long as the brass is coming out and I don't have a jam/malfunction I'm happy. It is aggravating that it doesn't work like it should, but as long as the gun stays reliable then I'm happy. I think I had between 3-5 BTF but wasn't really keeping count.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Smile

I called Glock this morning and the guy wouldn't replace my ejectors on my newer glocks. He said that the 30274's haven't been substantial proof that it helps gen 3's to send out replacements but sent out new recoil springs. I'm going to call again in the morning and direct them to this thread to see I can get them replaced

Feedback Score
    Glock 19
    Gen 4
    Serial #: U
    Manufactured in May of 2013. Purchased NIB in June.
    043 RSA.
    30274 Ejector.
    Dipped Extractor.

Put 100 rounds of 115 gr 9mm FMJ CCI Blazer Brass and experienced half a dozen BTF incidents. Put 100 rounds of 115 gr 9mm FMJ WWB through it and experienced about three BTF incidents. Installed the Apex Glock Failure Resistant Extractor Gen 4 extractor and spring with recommended spring load bearing. Put 200 rounds of 115 gr 9mm FMJ Federal with zero BTF issues. I even tried to get it to BTF by canting the pistol 45 degrees to the left (I'm right handed) and could not get it to BTF. Ejection was just as strong as with factory extractor, but the ejections pattern was much more reliable with a 3:30 to 4:00. So far so good. I'm going to continue to shoot it with light loads and see what I get.

Installation was very easy. I had no trouble whatsoever installing the extractor. Took a few minutes and I was done. What I didn't like was the shipping cost for such a small part and having to purchase the spring load bearing from another online retailer with additional shipping costs. Would be nice if Apex Tactical could lower their shipping costs and have the spring load bearings on hand to include with your purchase. Other than that, I felt the base price of the extractor was pretty reasonable for what you get.

Overall, pretty pleased so far, but time will tell as I shoot my Glock with different loads and brands of ammunition how well it really performs.
    Last edited by SilentType; 08-27-13 at 18:35.

Page 196 of 210 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast